What are we looking for?
Elberta Church is seeking a full-time Worship Pastor to join the team of this growing church located in Baldwin County, Alabama, just minutes from Foley, AL and Pensacola, FL. The Worship Pastor will oversee all worship, music, and technology ministries at Elberta Church and assist with church communication. The ideal candidate is one who has a passion for worship ministry and is committed to joining our church family to lead us to know, love, follow, and worship God. If you love leading people to worship the Lord, living in a vibrant relationship with Jesus and empowering them to live out their faith in everyday life, this position could be an excellent fit for you!
Who are we?
We are a family of authentic Christ followers who exist to love God and love people. We love God and love people by living out our core values: Pursuit of an authentic Christian walk; Commitment to Biblical Truth; Prayer; Creating a generational legacy through teaching, discipleship, and evangelism; Authentic unity; Service; Families; and Prioritizing our love for God and love for people.
How did we get here?
Seeing the need for a bible-based fellowship in the local community of Elberta, Elberta Church was planted in September 2017 as a satellite campus of The Point Church of Pensacola, FL. We originally met in the cafeteria of Elberta High School. As we worshiped in the center of Elberta, we began to sink our roots down deep into this community. In the spring of 2019, we moved into a rented facility not far from our current location. As the campus grew, we were able to merge with First Baptist Church of Elberta, which gave us a permanent location in the heart of Elberta, AL. In 2022, we transitioned to autonomy and became Elberta Church on January 1, 2023. Over the years, God has brought families from a diversity of backgrounds together with the common goal of reaching and serving our community with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. As the Lord continues to work among us, we are excited for what lies ahead and looking for the right person God has called to join with us.
What will you be doing?
• We believe that musical worship is an integral part of our church’s mission and vision for Elberta. We’re looking for someone to lead our church to worship with a depth of biblical and theological content that edifies the body, individually and corporately.
• The Worship Pastor will lead, recruit, and disciple the worship team, including all media and tech team volunteers.
• The Worship Pastor is responsible for the flow of the service as well as any special services planned (Christmas Eve, Good Friday, Worship Nights, etc.) and will work with the Lead Pastor to design authentic, biblically saturated worship services.
• We’re looking for someone who is proficient with current media and tech equipment and software.
• The Worship Pastor will manage church-wide communication utilizing all available platforms (email, church management software, social media, etc.).
• We’re looking for someone with a passion for leading people to love, follow, and worship Jesus.
• Our church thrives on sound preaching from a multitude of voices from our body. We’re looking for someone willing to occasionally preach to the entire church body.
• We’re looking for someone that can effectively plan and communicate worship ministry opportunities, discipleship strategies and other events with our church body.
• We believe learning and professional growth never stop. We’re looking for someone that wants to continue to develop their skills and talents in the ministry through conference participation, seminars, and continuing and graduate education.
• Ministry is not a “one man band.” We’re looking for someone that can lead our volunteers and develop worship leaders.
What does our Worship Ministry look like now?
• We’re a church that averages 225 on Sunday morning in two services.
• Our worship team includes a team of about 10 volunteers, including instrumentalists (guitar, bass, violin, keyboard, drums) and vocalists (men and women).
• Our Worship teams currently rehearses Wednesday evenings following our Mid-week gatherings, and Sunday morning before services.
What kind of person would fit well in our church family?
• We like ministry, we’re energetic, motivated, and fun.
• We like to give our best and operate with professionalism and excellence in all we do.
• We expect our leaders to do the work without being asked, they’re self-motivated.
• We appreciate great and open communication, both written and spoken.
• We’re a team in this ministry. We work together to accomplish the mission.
• We’re willing to adapt and flex when needed. We can both lead and follow when needed.
• We’re open. We offer feedback and we receive feedback because it helps us grow.
• We try to not be stuck in the past. We look for innovative ways to share Christ with our community.
What we’d like to see:
• You need to have an active and growing relationship with the Lord that is evidenced in your daily life and character.
• You should meet the biblical qualifications of an Elder as set forth by Scripture in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-3.
• You need to be in complete agreement with and affirm the Elberta Church Statement of Faith (the Baptist Faith and Message, 2000).
• You need to be in complete agreement with and willing to affirm the Elberta Church Covenant.
• You’ve obtained an Undergraduate degree (bible college preferred, seminary a plus)
• You have previous experience leading congregational worship.
• You are a strong vocalist.
• You are proficient with at least one musical instrument.
• You are good at communicating with and relating to others.
• Here’s the software and systems we use, experience in these would be a plus but training would be available:
o Apple Computers/Tablets/Software, Behringer and Shure sound equipment, ProPresenter, Final Cut Pro, Planning Center, Social media platforms, YouTube, Canva, Realm (Church Management Software), Planoly.
• We’re interested in you and your God given talents and we’d love for you to share with us how your gifts can help us in sharing the Gospel of Jesus in Elberta.
To learn more about our church, visit our website at: www.elbertachurch.com.
To apply, submit your resume, with cover letter, and links to video/audio of you leading worship to: email@example.com