North Glencoe Baptist Church is a Southern Baptist congregation looking for a full time Youth Pastor who has a passion for Jesus and a desire to make disciples in our community. The church currently has an active Youth Ministry with an average of 25 students attending our Youth Worship Services. Candidate must strive to fulfill the biblical qualifications of a leader (1 Timothy 3-4, Titus 1-2) and must faithfully teach God’s word (2 Timothy 4:2).
Serve the members of North Glencoe Baptist Church by serving the youth and their families by coordinating and administering a ministry of middle & high school youth seeking to know and share the love of Jesus Christ.
Reports to: Pastor
At a minimum, demonstrate the following:
A commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior & Lord, and the church body.
A sense of calling to Youth Ministry and a desire to serve and love youth in the Body of Christ.
Ability to come along beside families to equip in disciple making.
A commitment to work within a team coordinated by the Elders of NGBC.
Affirmation of the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message.
Affirmation of The Danvers Statement on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood.
Ability to work within a team to plan, coordinate, and oversee events.
Ability to work with Youth & Young Adults.
Verbal & written communication skills with the ability to work & serve with others.
Ability to plan, organize, lead, and guide activities related to Youth Ministries.
Exhibit listening skills appropriate for Youth Ministry.
In addition, this position requires:
Satisfactory Background Check
Valid Driver License
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Planning, conducting, coordinating, evaluating, and selecting resources for the church’s ministry to youth.
- Coordinate all aspects of the Middle & High School age Sunday morning, and Wednesday evening Bible Study, and selected seasonal activities.
- Coordinate ALL aspects of the 6-12 Grade Youth Group, ensuring there is opportunity to develop fellowship, spiritual formation, discipleship, and the experiencing of Christian Community.
- Various material and age-appropriate styles of presentation for both middle school and high school are encouraged.
- Administer and plan numerous youth programs like evangelism, retreats and Bible study sessions.
- Plan outings for youth in keeping with good Christian faith beliefs & values.
- Manage the youth ministry budget.
- Coordinate funds, transportation, and chaperones needed for youth trips, retreats, and mission/work camp.
- Develop relationships & maintain regular communication with parents and youth via phone calls, texts, email, and all types of social media and remembering to honor Christ in ALL communications.
- Train and recruit volunteers for efficient implementation of church programs.
- Coordinate with parents of youth group members regarding their children’s involvement and participation in the church.
- Participate and contribute to staff and church meetings.
- Work with the staff to equip the church.
- Train youth on how to be future faith-filled leaders and set up programs to facilitate spiritual growth.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with various leaders in the community for purposes of swift outreach programs.
- Occasional preaching responsibilities.
As recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committees, based upon experience.