Associate Pastor of Youth & Family
(Total Package: $44,500 annually) ($40,000 salary/$4,500 ministry expenses)
1. Lead and coordinate a vibrant and engaging youth ministry with the vision of making disciples who make disciples.
2. On a weekly basis plan and execute small groups on Sunday mornings and a youth worship service on Wednesday nights.
3. Coordinate a monthly social gathering with an emphasis on outreach.
4. Plan and execute a DNOW weekend once per year.
5. Plan and lead a summer camp once per year.
6. Recruit/train youth leaders.
7. Provide pastoral support to the Children’s Director.
8. Work with other staff members to plan/execute special events throughout the year.
9. Be prepared to preach on Sunday mornings in the Pastor’s absence.
10. Expected to intentionally disciple someone individually on a weekly basis.
11. Assist the Worship/Associate Pastor with social media outlets for the church.
1. Be a believer in Jesus Christ with a genuine, vibrant, and growing relationship with Him.
2. Have a desire to disciple and live the Gospel for the glory of God.
3. Be committed to moral purity and maintain moral and ethical standards and practices as evidenced in Scripture.
4. Have theological views compatible with the Baptist Faith and Message, with a desire for continued growth and maturity as a godly person through prayer and study of God’s Word.
5. Actively participate in a community group on Sunday morning or on another night of the week.
6. Honor others by communicating effectively and professionally in all circumstances.
7. Be able to work as a team player with the staff.
8. Be a self-starter and self-motivated because of your relationship with Christ.
9. Be interested and willing to engage people of all ages.
10. Hold a bachelor’s degree and/or seminary degree (preferred but not required).
11. Experience with youth leadership preferred.