Excel Baptist Church is located in Excel, Alabama. We are located 80 miles north of Mobile and Pensacola, Florida. The white sandy beaches of Gulf Shores and Pensacola can be reached by car in 90 minutes. The Excel community provides an excellent K4 through 12th grade school. There also is a private school in Monroeville for K3 to 12th grade. Excel has a nice park with a walking trail and is home to several baseball leagues in the county.
We have an average attendance of 150.
Excel is a small town located 7 miles from Monroeville, Alabama. Monroeville is the home of Harper Lee, Truman Capote, and is known as the literary capital of Alabama.
The purpose of this New Testament church is to carry out the Great Commission and ordinances as recorded in the Holy Scriptures and hold to distinctive doctrines and principles of the true Church.
The pastor will hold a seminary Masters of Divinity with a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in a senior pastoral ministry and must be committed to the Southern Baptist Statement of Faith and Message (2000).
- Commitment to Results: As a Spiritual leader and visionary of the church, he will be goal-driven, mission-focused, a problem solver, and a team player.
- Motivation: He will be action-oriented to identify relevant goals for the church which will embrace and accomplish the mission and vision, both locally and globally.
The pastor is responsible to the church to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, to teach the biblical revelation, to engage in pastoral care ministries, to provide administrative leadership in all areas of church life, and to act as the chief administrator of the paid staff.
- Prepare and deliver sermons; lead in observance of ordinances.
- Lead the church in an effective ministry of witness and in a caring ministry for persons in the church and community.
- Visit members and prospects.
- Conduct counseling sessions; perform wedding ceremonies; conduct funerals, both of these at his discretion.
- Serve as chairman of the leadership team to lead in planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, and evaluating the total church program.
- Work with deacons, church officers, and committees as they perform their assigned responsibilities; train and lead deacons in a program of family ministries.
- Act as moderator of church business meetings.
- Cooperate with associational, state, and denominational leaders in matters of mutual interest and concern; keep the church informed of denominational development; represent the church in civic matters.
- Service administrator of the paid church staff; supervise the work of assigned paid staff workers.
All applicants are invited to submit their resume to email@example.com or Excel Baptist Church, P.O. Box 459, Excel, Alabama 36439.