ASSOCIATE PASTOR SOUTHSIDE BAPTIST CHURCH
The Associate Pastor is responsible for leading our adult ministries in order to develop a clear pathway which enables every adult to take the next step in their journey of becoming like Jesus and joining him in his mission.
• Strong Christian character.
• Vibrant relationship with Christ and the people of His church.
• Passion for discipleship.
• Proven ability to understand and communicate biblical truth.
• Theological education and experience sufficient to enable effective leadership of staff who have earned theological degrees. This would typically involve an M.Div.
• Experienced in building and maintaining laity leadership within the church.
1) Oversee the development and implementation of church-wide strategy for adult discipleship, which allows every adult in the church to
• Understand where they are on their journey with Christ and what it looks like to take the next step in their growth.
• Directly supervise Women’s and Men’s Ministries, Discipleship Groups, Sunday School and their ministry budgets.
• Work alongside the ministry directors listed above to create alignment around our Next Steps pathway, both in supportive roles and as a direct contributor as needed (teaching, recruiting, serving, training, etc.)
• Develop assessment tools which allow us to track the effectiveness of our Next Steps ministries in producing mature disciples
2) Develop a strategy for missions in the community, state, nation, and to the ends of the earth that is aligned with the vision for the church.
3) Work in partnership with Southside Baptist staff, leadership, and the congregation in order to accomplish church-wide ministry involvement.
4) The primary focus of this position is on the Next Steps Ministries. However, an ideal candidate for this position would also possess preaching/teaching gifts. Also, building relationships is very important at our church.
5) This position reports directly to the Senior Pastor.