Bethel Baptist Church
Dora, Alabama, United States
Date Posted: 9/2/2021
Categories: Associate Pastor – Youth Pastor- Minister of Youth- Pastoral Assistant
Denominations: Baptist –SBC
Church Size: 250 to 400
Job Type: Full-Time
We’re seeking a “diligent” (2 Tim. 2:15) and “zealous” (Titus 2:14) kingdom focused man to lead our church’s efforts to reach and disciple students (Mathew 28:18-20) from 7th through 12th grade in our church and the broader community (including seven schools).
In order that we may “walk together” (Amos 3:3) the staff must be in agreement with our church covenant that does not allow the use or sale of alcohol, believes in the inerrancy of scripture and the pastor/ elders and or deacon should only be men. (We are more than glad to discuss these positions in more detail upon request)
This role requires a person who relates well with all people (lost or saved) of different ages and backgrounds. The ideal candidate has significant experience ministering to students and parents, as well as experience managing volunteers.
The role of the Student Pastor (SP) is to oversee the student ministry strategy of Bethel Baptist Church under the direction and leadership of the Senior Pastor. This will require a firm grasp of the beliefs, values and strategy of Bethel Baptist and the ability to align staff and key leadership teams with its mission, vision, and values. The SP will partner with parents to lead students to a genuine sense of belonging, involvement, and spiritual growth at Bethel by meeting students where they are and leading them to next steps. The SP will facilitate relational connection and spiritual growth of students through worship services, small groups, volunteer teams, and special events.
• Passionate about seeing students develop a personal relationship with Jesus.
• Able to recognize talent, engage volunteers, and develop them for ministry.
• Able to communicate with students and parents through the use of social media and digital technology.
• Creative but able to bring your ideas to fruition.
• A strong written and verbal communicator, able to express timeless truth in a way students can understand.
• Excited about involving students in ministry.
• Teachable, willing to learn and grow.
You would be responsible for:
Cooperation within the Church’s Overall Ministry
• Work with the Youth Council in planning a coordinating the calendar of all youth events
• Participate in Church Council meetings to plan and integrate the youth’s program into the overall aspect of the church.
• Work with all committees and staff to implement mutual programs on need basis. (Children’s Ministry, Music Ministry, Visitation Committee, RA’s GA’s, etc.)
• Be able to participate in certain all staff meetings. (Working with SR Pastor to schedule staff meeting around Youth Meeting/Events at School Functions)
• Work with Finance Committee in planning annual youth budget.
• Establish certain daily office hours for study, prayer, planning, etc.
• Personally, lead and teach in the Wednesday Night program
• Assist in the Sunday School department if needed. (Work to find your place in a small group at Bethel if not Sunday Morning some other ministry such as College and Career outings)
• Promote and plan course for discipleship (new believer’s classes, true love waits, etc.)
Out-Reach and In-Reach Commitments
• Develop ongoing ministry involvement within all neighboring schools by visiting campus attending school activities and establishing rapport with teachers and administrators. (Outreach ministry includes School Ministry such as First Priority, etc.)
• Prepare and develop strategy for a Summer Mission trip and other off campus events.
• Realize and accomplish the need for a strong fellowship and rapport with each individual youth and family member.
• Plan God Centered events and activities to reach and involve the unchurched with possibilities of retreats, fellowships, and other student activity events.
• Participate in organized weekly visitation program. Making sure that all prospects, especially those with youth possibilities are contacted and personally visited.
• Recognize the need for relationships within all ages of the Church body
• Always maintaining a “working together” attitude through all agencies of the church family
• Enlist the assistance of Youth Council in all youth events
• Supervise with proper assistance for all Youth Activities, Gatherings, etc.
• With the Pastor’s guidance, oversee and uphold the proper standard for the youth’s music ministry on Wednesday night.
• Display and always exemplify appropriate dress attire.
• Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
• Commitment to personal spiritual growth
• Models’ standards and expectations of leaders within Bethel Baptist Church.
• Adheres to the Baptist Faith and Message 2000
• Believe the Bible is the inerrant and infallible word of God
• Experience- Part-Time or greater at least 2 years
• Personality- (Self-motivated, Passionate, organized, time manager)
• Willing to relocate within 30 minutes or less to Church
• Believe and teach to youth biblical truths as it relates to abstinence from the sale and use of intoxicating drinks as a beverage (Bethel Baptist Church Covent states this requirement)
• Adheres to the qualifications from 1 Timothy 3: 1-7 as an Elder or Pastor
• Full-Time Experience
• Education – Biblical Degree or currently in progress
• Experience with youth groups of 20+
• Experience with multi-school ministry 3+ schools
• Experience with music/drama ministry
• Tech Savvy
Please Send Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org