Pastoral Enrichment Network
A Network of Fellowships designed for the Bivocational Minister
Guidelines for Receiving Funding for PEN Units from the State Board of Missions
The Resource Center for Pastoral Excellence at Samford University has provided a grant to the Alabama Baptist State Board of Missions for resources to be used by the SBOM and Baptist Associations to encourage/equip/enrich bi-vocational pastors/ministers during this current calendar year. Funds may be received by making application through Mike Jackson in the Office of LeaderCare/Church Administration at ALSBOM. Grants of $750 will be available. Funds will be held for you and distributed as receipts are submitted. Funds not used in the current year may continue to be used for similar ministry in the following year.
The program model that has been used to develop these groups is called PEN: Pastoral Enrichment Network.
The goals of PEN are:
– To provide Content that will be helpful to Bivocational pastors/ministers
– To provide an opportunity for peer learning through reflection and the discussion of the application
– To provide encouragement through fellowship and prayer
Groups may include fully funded pastors but should be designed for and geared to bi-vocational pastors.
Associations qualify for grants if the Director of Missions will:
– Lead the group or select an experienced pastor whom he trusts to do so
– Attempt the meet the goals as stated
– Lead the group to meet for at least two hours per month
– Provide receipts for the funds used
– Submit a one-page report/evaluation in July and December during the current year
– Use any name
– Select resources based upon their own areas of interest and need
– Use funds for kick-off activities or special events
Application Form (.doc)