First Baptist Church Dothan, AL
PRINCIPLE FUNCTION: The primary function of this position is to coordinate and supervise all activities and ministry needs of students in the larger vision of Family Ministry at FBC. The student minister will collaborate and work with the Family Ministry staff to develop, implement, and regularly evaluate a comprehensive Family Ministry strategy.
Supervisor: Associate Pastor of Families
Relates to: Student Advisory Team, Student Leadership Team, Family Ministry Team
The responsibilities shall include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
1. Nurture the faith of students and their parents by teaching the Bible, developing relationships, promoting family unity, and celebrating important events in their lives.
2. Enlist, train, and encourage workers in the student program organizations of the church.
3. Direct, in cooperation with appropriate persons, the use of program materials, equipment, supplies, and space for workers in the student ministry.
4. Prepare and administer the annual student ministry budget according to church policy.
5. Conduct informational meetings when needed for the parents of youth.
6. Plan events in advance and in conjunction with the Student Advisory Team to insure coordination with other activities of the church.
7. Maintain an understanding of current education methods, materials, promotional ideas, and administrative techniques, utilizing them where appropriate to the student ministries of the church.
8. Serve as Christian role model for students and their parents.
9. Provide oversight, direction, and vision to all student ministry social media in coordination with overall church communication strategy.
10. Perform other duties as assigned by Senior Pastor.
Education and Experience:
1. Must be a high school graduate.
2. Seminary degree completed or in progress preferred.
3. Prior experience in ministry settings.