Seeking a Bi-vocational Pastor
First Union Baptist Church is a loving and conservative Southern Baptist Church seeking a bi-vocational pastor to shepherd the flock through preaching, leading and pastoral care.
First Union Baptist Church Mission Statement
Through empowerment of the Holy Spirit and the equipping of His Saints, we proclaim salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, as the greatest expression of God’s love for all people throughout the world.
First Union Baptist Church Vision Statement
To teach and grow Christians, to love, to live Holy, and to minister to the needs of others that they may see and know Christ through us.
The Candidate (Pastor) will lead and develop leadership for equipping of the congregation to fulfill the Great Commission and accomplish the mission and vision statement of the church.
As a leader, the Pastor should:
(1) have a close personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
(2) lead the church to engage in a fellowship of worship, education, and ministry.
(3) proclaim the gospel to believers and unbelievers.
(4) care for the church’s members and be involved in community outreach.
(5) lead by example in the area of evangelism and equip the leadership and members of the church to do the same.
(6) lead the church in performing its ministries.
(7) meet qualifications for overseer as stated in 1Timothy 3: 1-7, Titus 1: 5-9, and 1 Peter 5: 1-4.
(8) have experienced God’s clear call, have been ordained into the Gospel ministry, and be suitably trained to sever capably.
(9) subscribe to the Divine origin of the Scriptures and endorse the elements of the Southern Baptist faith.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com along with answers to the following questions.
1. Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor at First Union Baptist Church.
2. Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Pastor of First Union Baptist Church