Harvest Baptist Church in Harvest, Alabama is seeking a part-time Director for their Children’s Ministries. This person will work with staff and volunteers to help direct the ministries and activities of all children from newborn through 6th grade including nursery, children’s church, VBS, etc. They will work alongside the Associate Pastor of Family Ministries and the Senior Pastor in helping children and their families grow in Christ.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Plan, develop, implement, and execute all aspects of the children’s ministry in the areas of spiritual development, worship, discipleship, growth, mission, and outreach.
• Oversee all children’s ministries including nursery, Life Group classes, Children’s Church, Vacation Bible School, summer activities (including camp), and other child-related activities.
• Help in the organization and execution of outreach events to the community (e.g. Easter outreach, Fall Festival, etc.).
• Develop a rapport with children outside of church activities, such as attending sports and school activities, FCA, etc.—involvement in the schools whenever possible.
• Implement and keep current all child protection policies (e.g., background checks, nursery safety, etc.).
• Perform other ministerial duties as assigned by the Pastor and Associate Pastor of Family Ministries to support the total ministries of the church.
Approximately 20 hours per week (possibly more during weeks of special events)
For more information about our church, visit our website at harvest-baptist.org. For further inquiries, or to send resumes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.