Learn more about our 10 year emphasis by visiting GreatCommissionGPS.org.
Ministry Assistants –
toll-free 1-800-264-1225, ext. 258
toll-free 1-800-264-1225, ext. 245
Associational Evangelism Conferences – Provide assistance to associations as requested.
State Evangelism Conference – An annual state-wide event with a new format for information, inspiration, featuring great preaching and singing.
Senior Adult Evangelism Conference – Held in the spring and designed to encourage senior adults to reach their peers. A time of inspiration, motivation, fun and practical training.
Making Evangelism a Priority – The Evangelism Office is committed to assisting local churches in developing evangelistic strategies as a priority to reach lost people. Evangelism Office personnel will meet with local church to discuss strategies to develop stronger evangelistic emphasis and awareness in the community.
Alone – Call us for details about this effective evangelism strategy.
Effective Evangelistic Invitation – A one hour presentation on how to give an effective evangelistic invitation. Ideal for pastors conferences. Free materials for attendees.
3151 Challenge – Every Sunday School or small group member is encouraged to take the 3151 Challenge: 3 – Pray for three lost friends daily; 1 – Learn a Gospel presentation; 5 – Invite five people to attend their group; 1 – Share the Gospel at least one time.
CAST – This tool is designed to help you understand the value of your story/testimony and prepare you to begin a witnessing conversation using the letters of the acrostic CAST: Connect, Activity, Spiritual Matters and Tell Your Story.
Life Conversation – This tool helps people use three simple circles that represent God’s Design, Brokenness and the Gospel — which can be drawn, for example, on a napkin during lunch — to communicate the Gospel.
Media Evangelism – This model will teach a person how to use a gospel driven video such as the Billy Graham DVDs or use an iPhone app that will communicate the gospel extremely well.
Interfaith Witness Seminar – This program is designed to educate and prepare Alabama Baptists in witnessing to those of other faiths. The implementation process involves an annual training conference for potential associates. These associates, in turn, are available to local churches and associations through the Evangelism Office, in their particular area of expertise.
Evangelistic Block Party – A community block party is a special evangelistic event of drama, puppets, music, testimonies, food and prayer to reach unchurched people. The Evangelism Office offers consultation and financial assistance for conducting an evangelistic block party.
Area Crusades in Smaller Associations – To assist rural associations or small groups of churches in conducting evangelistic crusades.
Tent Ministry – Available to associations and churches for revivals, crusades, block parties, etc.
SALT Apologetics Conference – Yearly conference geared toward helping Christians to be better prepared for reasoned arguments or writings in justification of something, typically a theory or religious doctrine.
About 75 million people between the ages of 18–38 are living their lives in America today, and often the church isn’t sure what to do with them, said Nick Floyd, lead teaching pastor of Cross [...]
After five and a half years serving on the state evangelism team, William "Billy" Harris is retiring from the role to focus on his pastorate. Harris, the pastor of Linden Baptist Church in Bethel Baptist [...]
Kicking off the 2017 Alabama Baptist State Evangelism Conference (SEC) with a challenge for Christlikeness, Chuck Kelley said, “Everything (in regards to the Christian life and evangelism) is based on the assumption that life with [...]
Music featured at the Feb. 27–28 Alabama Baptist State Evangelism Conference provided a little bit of everything — and praising God was the focus of it all. Words of worship flowed from participants’ lips as [...]
For Gaither Vocal Band member Wes Hampton his calling to ministry came in an unlikely location — an anatomy and physiology class at the University of Alabama at Birmingham more than 17 years ago. “I [...]
- Website up and running: CrossoverBHM.org
- 7 associations participating in and around Birmingham
- Hub churches in each association where door-to-door visitation will take place
- Seminary students will be participating in door-to-door visitation and will be housed at University of Montevallo
- Baptist Campus Ministry teams will be present throughout the week
- Bless Birmingham will encompass:
- Send Relief medical mobile unit with volunteer doctors from all over North Alabama
- Send Relief mobile dental unit staffed with dentists from Scottsboro, Huntsville, and Florence. Will have dental hygienists and full dental service available.
- Nurses coordinated through University of North Alabama nursing program (Anderson College of Nursing and Health Professions).
- 5 feeding units circling inner-city Birmingham all day on Saturday, June 8
- 14 SOS (Serving Our Savior evangelism witnessing teams) assigned to all feeding, dental and medical mobile units
- Kickoff rally and evangelism training will be at Sixth Avenue Baptist Church on Wednesday, June 5, at 7:00 with full training at 7 association Hub churches on Saturday, June 8