State Missionary Rick Lance was elected in June of 1998 to serve as executive director of the State Board of Missions and treasurer of the Alabama Baptist Convention. Rick leads state missions efforts and facilitates Great Commission Ministries for the Convention’s 3,200+ churches and more than one million Alabama Baptists.
Rick and his wife, Pam, are members at First Baptist Church, Montgomery. They have two daughters.
- Pastor, First Baptist Church, Tuscaloosa
- Pastor, First Baptist Church, Cullman
- Pastor, West End Baptist Church, Birmingham
- Pastor, Valence Street Baptist Church, New Orleans, La.
- student pastorates in Birmingham
- 1979-1983, served on State Executive Board
- 1983-1985, first vice president, Alabama Baptist Convention
- 1985, chairman, properties committee, Alabama Baptist Convention
- 1985, acting chairman of personnel committee for Executive Committee of the State Board of Missions
- 1985-1995, trustee of Southern Baptist Convention Foreign Mission Board
- 1988-1992, trustee, Samford UniversityFoundation Board
- 1990-1992, president, Alabama Baptist State Convention
- 1993, member, feasibility study committee, Alabama Baptist Retirement Centers
- 1988-1990 and 1993-1995, Strategic Planning Task Force, Alabama Baptist Convention
- 1996-1998, vice chairman, Bylaws Review Committee, Alabama Baptist Convention
- 1997 trustee, Judson College; 2006, President, Executive Directors Association, Southern Baptist Convention.