State Missionary Mike Jackson has been employed by the State Board of Missions since September 2004 and is currently the director of the Office of LeaderCare & Church Health. He oversees developing and growing leaders in all areas of the church with an emphasis on prayer and church health.
Mike and his wife, Lyn, are members at Camelia Baptist, Prattville. They have two daughters and one son who is deceased. They also have five grandchildren.
- Pastor, Eastside Baptist Church, Birmingham
- Associate Pastor/Minister of Youth, Southside Baptist Church, Southside
- Minister of Youth, Bridgedale Baptist Church, Metairie, La.
- Minister of Youth, First Baptist Church, Palmerdale
- Served as a member of the State Board of Missions (1998-2004)
- Executive Committee of SBOM (2001-2004)
- Vice moderator of Birmingham Baptist Association (2003-2004)
- President of Birmingham Baptist Minister’s Conference (1997)
- Board of directors for Alabama Citizens Action Program (ALCAP)
- District coordinator (District 11) for the Alabama Baptist Eagle (Mentoring) Network.
- Chaplain, Birmingham Police Department
- Chaplain, Medical Center East Hospital
- Volunteer, Trussville Area Chamber of Commerce.