We commit to you and pledge our support to assist you in determining the right course to take in leading your church to fulfill God’s directive. Our prayer is that together we can be healthy leaders guiding healthy churches endeavoring to be even more effective in Great Commission Ministries.
An annual physical is recommended by the medical community for a healthy, physical life. During that time, a physician will do a check of vital signs and conduct whatever tests are needed for the patient. This is often called an annual checkup. Since the church is a living, breathing, organism, doesn’t it make sense to check the church’s vital signs annually as well?
Church health is not a one size fits all. A regular checkup to evaluate the health of the ministries in your church is a good practice. We, at your State Board of Missions, are committed to assisting you in being the Great Commission church that God ordained.
On the resources page, you will find a downloadable Ministries Evaluation tool. It is wise to give every ministry in your church an annual checkup. This assessment tool will help you ensure all ministries are Great Commission focused. Download it today and use it for tweaking and improving the health of each of your ministries. Then check out the many other tools on our resources page.
- In the past five years, have baptisms increased?
- Did your church engage in three or more outreach events this past year?
- Is your Sunday School attendance growing?
- As a pastor, is your vision for the church expanding?
- Is your worship attendance increasing?
- Is your missions giving increasing?
- Are a majority of your deacons under 60 years of age?
- Does your church have active missions organizations?
- Would you describe your church as an Acts 1:8 congregation, committed to reaching your community and the world?
- Does your church have an effective process of discovering, training and involving leaders?
If you answered no to even one of these questions, we have resources to assist in strengthening your church to be a more efficient Great Commission congregation. If you answered no to four or more questions, you might be a candidate for church revitalization.
We have upgraded our resources, processes, and available assistance to Alabama churches.
- Assessment tools
- Reaching the Summit
- Turnaround Journey
To find out about these and other resources available through your state board of missions, please contact the LeaderCare and Church Health offices at 334-613-2342 or e-mail George Yates. Also, click on the resources page for downloadable resources.
Initial Consult – If you would like one of your state missionaries from the LeaderCare and Church Health office contact you to assess the correct needs of your church click this link and submit the attached form.
Click the titles below to reveal pdf documents available for download.
- Evaluating Ministries
- Pastors Introspection
- Member Introspection
- New Ministry Questionnaire
- Trending Graph
Assessments & Surveys
- Church Health Assistance Request
- Community Needs Survey
- Member Survey
- Church Function Gravitational Assessment
- Passion Assessment
- Strengths Matrix
Encouraging, challenging, insightful and practical are words to describe the work George Yates has accomplished with his book Reaching the Summit. The subtitle of the book is “Avoiding and Reversing the Decline in the Church.” [...]
Church Health Strategist –
Ministry Assistant –
toll-free 1-800-264-1225 ext. 263