Mount Zion Baptist Church in Hartselle, Alabama, is prayerfully seeking a Bi-Vocational Youth Pastor who will be responsible for providing ministerial and spiritual leadership for the youth at Mt. Zion Baptist Church and the local community by:
• Confirming doctrinal statement of The Baptist Faith and Message as adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention.
• Ministering to the needs of the Mt Zion Youth as well as youth within the community
• Maintaining a high moral and ethical lifestyle that aspires to the life of our Lord.
• Cultivating a spirit of love, encouragement, cooperation, and communication with the pastor and other staff members (as well as other church members) recognizing the pastor as the one to make final decisions in accordance with deacons and the church body.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop, organize, lead, and direct a comprehensive ministry that will reach and teach youth within the church and provide for outreach to the community. This includes all extracurricular youth activities as well.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge on youth ministry methods and procedures through personal study, clinics, conferences, etc.
• Develop and maintain programs that foster a wholesome Christian atmosphere and a balanced social life for the youth which will help reach additional youth for Christ and keep them all Christ-centered.
• Be acquainted with the lives of the youth and maintain awareness of current developments and culture of the youth.
• Attend school events, visit homes, make hospital visits, etc. in order to effectively minister to them.
• Provide counsel for the youth and offer assistance to the pastor in leading the youth into a deeper spiritual life.
• Train youth in outreach and evangelism and promote a regular visitation program in cooperation with the overall church outreach program.
• Attend regular monthly staff meetings, and other needed staff meetings when called.
• Assist the pastor in areas of routine hospital, homebound, and prospect-evangelistic visits as needed.
• Assist other members of the ministerial staff as requested for temporary efforts.
Skills & Experience:
o No Theological experience is required but preferred
o Be a supporter of Southern Baptist life and programs
o Demonstrate a deep sense of God’s calling and commission to the Gospel Ministry
o Strong interpersonal skills
o Demonstrated work ethic and excellence in previous work/volunteer environments
o Be temperate, sensible, friendly, dignified, hospitable, gentle, honest, reliable and exemplary in conduct
o Have a solid reputation in the community
o Basic computer skills
o Related Certifications and Continuous Learning
Please provide Resumes: firstname.lastname@example.org