First Baptist Church of Hayden, Alabama is seeking a full-time Worship Pastor/Minister of Music. Hayden is a growing community in west Blount County located 25 minutes north of Birmingham and 25 minutes south of Cullman.
This man shall be one who has experienced a definite call of God to lead the music ministry. This man shall be a mature and growing follower of Jesus Christ.
Resumes may be submitted to email@example.com. or by mailing to First Baptist Church Hayden, P. O. Box 280, Hayden, Alabama 35079.
· Experience in worship leadership required
· Undergraduate degree preferred (experience considered)
· Ability to read music
· Quality singing voice
· Proficient in other instruments, preferably piano or guitar
· Competent and comfortable with both traditional and contemporary styles of worship
· Knowledgeable in audio/ technology
· Strong people and organizational skills
· Serve as a member of the Church Council
· Direct the music program of the church
· Select or supervise the selection of the music portion of the worship service in cooperation with the Pastor in making the total service effective
· Lead the choir and/or praise team in regular services, weekly practice meetings and special services for Christmas, Easter, Revival services, or other special events in the church
· Supervise the pianist and other instrumentalists as needed to enhance the music ministry of the church
· Serve as the Chairman of the Audio/Technology committee, and supervise the Audio/Technology personnel
· Seek to develop and train members of the church in the area of church music
· Cooperate with the church Nominating Committee to enlist and train leaders for the church music ministry
· Maintain the music library, materials, supplies, musical instruments and other equipment.
· Keep informed on music methods, materials, promotions and administration
· Prepare an annual music budget for approval; administer the approved budget
· Plan, organize and promote any special activities that might enhance the experience in a musical group as appropriate to the abilities and needs of the group, such as music camps, fellowship outings, tours, etc.
· Arrange music for weddings or funerals when requested
· Cooperate with association and state leaders in promoting activities of mutual interest
· Perform other tasks as assigned by the Pastor
· Fulfill the job description duties and responsibilities as outlined by the Personnel Committee