About EMBC: East McFarland Baptist Church has been serving Tuscaloosa, AL for 35 years. The original members of the church literally built the first building with their bare hands! Years later, ministry is still going. With a new lead pastor, this is an incredible opportunity to help shape culture, and continue to revitalize the church to see 35 more years of ministry and growth. EMBC exists to Love God, Love Others and Make Disciples. Apply, and potentially become a part of a rich history of God at work at East McFarland Baptist Church.
About the Worship Pastor Role: EMBC is searching for a pastorally called, and musically gifted individual that can reach a multi-generational congregation. This is not a role for a “director” because the role is much larger than musical notes. This candidate must be able to lead from the second chair as he works with the lead pastor to plan and create meaningful, and engaging worship gatherings that stir in the congregation an affection for Christ.
• Modeling the qualifications of an elder as outlined by 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1
• Champion the church’s mission and vision
• Advanced planning with the Lead Pastor in the development of worship gatherings
• Recruit, train and mobilize members of the congregation who are gifted in the needs of worship ministry and regularly give them opportunities within the worship team
• Stay up-to-date on the latest worship and production tools and resources
• Preach, counsel, baptize, officiate weddings or funerals if/when called upon by the lead pastor
You would be a great fit if…
• You love people, and enjoy building teams
• Have a strong knowledge of production technologies
• Are pastorally trained through a seminary or worship school
• You can fuse ancient Church tradition, with cutting edge worship with excellence
• You love to serve off of the platform also in discipleship ministries
To Apply, email your resumé and video of you leading worship to EMBCoffice@comcast.net