Hollinger’s Island Baptist Church (Mobile, Alabama) is seeking to fill the position of Part Time/Bivocational Worship Minister. Though a small church, we have a big goal of making sure that all who we come in contact with experience the truth of the Gospel in our worship service, through singing, prayer, reading of Scripture, and preaching.
Currently, we operate with multiple musicians as well as vocalists on stage, with a worship service that balances both traditional and contemporary music. Anticipated hourly workweek is around 10-15 hours per week. Potential candidates should have a fervent love for the Lord and a desire to help lead others to the throne of God each time we worship together.
• Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ that is evident and expressed through the fruit of the Spirit both on and off stage.
• Prior experience in a leadership role.
• Prior experience in a worship setting.
• Prior experience leading in a worship setting (preferred, not required).
• Adequate musical training/experience.
• Willingness to be invested in the mission of the church outside of listed duties.
• Coordinate with the Senior Pastor to plan the song selection for the weekly Sunday morning service.
• Plan set lists for special services (including holidays and special events).
• Operate as the primary vocalist.
• Provide leadership and direction for the musicians and vocalists.
• Coordinate a rehearsal time for musicians and vocalists prior to worship each week.
• Willingness to work with ProPresenter and operate the sound system, in conjunction with those who operate on the sound team.
• Work with the church staff on any other issues that may include the Worship Ministry at HIBC.
• Any other responsibilities that may not be listed on the job description.
Any interested candidates should submit résumé and cover letter to:
Connor Donavan, Senior Pastor at Hollinger’s Island Baptist Church