The Worship Pastor is responsible for contributing to the development and implementation of an excellent high-impact worship experience at Journey Church. This position requires an individual who possesses exceptional vocal talent and a deep understanding of music and its relationship to worship. The ability to play a musical instrument is preferred but not required. Each week this person must display the ability to lead Journey Church in worship by engaging those in attendance and leading them to move from watchers to worshippers. In addition to leading worship on stage, this person must weekly work with the production team and contribute fresh ideas to worship service planning and manage any delegated details required to implement the plan. The worship pastor will work in tandem with other worship staff to constantly evaluate, refine, and create a worship experience characterized by creativity, unity, and sensitivity to the style and flavor of Journey Church’s unique worship environments.
– High School Diploma or above (College preferred), Formal music training is preferred
– Exceptional Musical Talent, Solo quality vocalist, the ability to read and write music (preferred), Instrumentalist (preferred).
– At least 3 years on-stage primary worship leader experience, Above average on-stage communication and leadership skills.
– Ability to creatively plan and implement worship sets.
– Must be an effective team builder, display natural leadership skills, and be willing to grow in leadership.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
– Responsibilities may include but not be limited to the following items:
– Be present early for each weekly practice and lead the band during the practice.
– Recruit, audition, and add new members to the worship team.
– Invest in the worship team members by discipling them, praying for them, and helping them improve their skills.
– Schedule the worship team for Sunday in Planning Center Online at least six weeks in advance.
– Plan weekly worship sets and post them in Planning Center Online at least six weeks in advance.
– Create or oversee the creation of charts, tracks, and other musical elements needed for weekly worship services.
– Be prepared to lead in a timely and professional manner.
– Assist in the creative planning and development of all Journey worship services, including Journey students, kids worship, Journey 56, and celebrate recovery.
– Ensure that the various worship environments at Journey are led by trained and qualified worship teams each week.
– Help Find and/or write new music that fits the worship theme and format of weekly services.
– Take part in the planning and leading of monthly First Wednesday services.
– Consistently contribute fresh ideas, think out of the box, and display diverse worship styles that creatively connect with those in attendance.
– Attend weekly staff and worship planning meetings.
– Consistently tithe to Journey Church.
– Perform any and all duties assigned by your supervisor or Lead Pastor.
– Embrace the vision, mission and core values of Journey Church and represent them in my daily walk.
To apply, email your resume and a video of you leading worship to firstname.lastname@example.org