The role of the Worship Leader is to assist the Associate Pastor of Worship and Music with the leadership and coordination of the contemporary worship service, including serving as a lead vocalist and instrument role and leading the worship team and band in performance. Assist with selecting appropriate worship music for the service. This position requires a firm understanding of Biblically-based worship and modeling a growing personal relationship with Christ.
*Display passion for worshipping Christ and sharing his/her faith.
* Understand and support the vision of the Associate Pastor of Worship and Music.
* Help lead and support musically and vocally for rehearsals and services.
* Prepare and plan worship sets and rehearsals when needed.
* Coordinate praise team/band attendance for worship service to ensure sufficient coverage for each service.
* Assist in planning and preparing special events.
* This position may also assist the SCBC youth praise team in practice and performance.
Previous experience leading worship music is required. Special consideration will be given to someone who has an education in worship or music.
Knowledge and Skills:
*Ability to engage and connect with the congregation and invite participation in worship.
* Must be able to lead musically and vocally. Understand vocal range and abilities to lead the congregation with musical excellence. Able to read chord charts. Strong vocal and excellent guitar skills and willingness to grow in those areas.
* Appropriate stage presence, willing to grow as a public worshipper
* Familiar with tools to help organize worship information and share it with all involved in services—such as Planning Center.
* Ability to work well with and recruit volunteers.
* Ability to multi-task
* Organizational skills
* Positive attitude
* Demonstrate a caring, loving spirit with church members, including interacting with church members before and after the service.
* Be neat and dress appropriately.
* Be punctual.
* Support the overall programs of the church with attendance, participation, and engagement with the community and congregation.
Compensation: $25-$30 per hour for up to 5 hours per week based on experience