Fairview Baptist Church is seeking a biblically grounded, energetic, part-time Worship Leader. This person must be able to produce and lead a weekly song service for our congregation on Sunday mornings and assist in other, one-off events throughout the year.
Fairview Baptist Church is a mid-sized, multi-generational church in a rapidly growing community. Our music has been, historically, a blend of classical hymns, modern arrangements of hymns, and recorded accompaniments of contemporary worship songs. We utilize a piano and organ in our services but welcome other instruments.
We currently have structured music scheduled for our Sunday morning service only.
This is a PART-TIME POSITION, estimated at 10-15 hours weekly.
- Dedication as follower of Jesus Christ, committed to growing in faith and serving the church.
- Active, participating membership at Fairview Baptist Church.
- Ability to coordinate with the Senior and Associate Pastor as needed to guarantee a cohesive service.
- Statement of faith/belief structure which is compatible with the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
JOB DESCRIPTION (~80% of Commitment)
- Lead congregational singing during Sunday morning service to engage all age groups.
- Coordinate any outside preparation necessary to provide a quality song service for the congregation. This may include practicing with a praise team or personal practice for learning new music.
- Develop an intimate, working knowledge of all lighting, audio, presentation, video, and streaming technologies used in the production of live and digital worship services.
- Research, recommend, and install upgrades to existing equipment and software.
- Train others on worship tech and recruit additional crew members.
- Prepare the stage for worship services and other events.
ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES (~20% of Commitment)
- Financial management of appropriate line items on the budget balance sheet.
- Develop and maintain effective communication strategies for worship team and congregational body.
- Active participation and/or leading in weekly staff meetings and in worship service(s).
- Schedule guest musicians and coordinate substitute worship leaders as needed.
ADDITIONAL EVENTS REQUIRING PARTICIPATION
- Planning music for Vacation Bible School
- Candlelight Service (Christmas)
PREFERRED (BUT NOT REQUIRED) EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Proficiency in playing an instrument used in worship settings (e.g. piano, guitar)
- Some experience leading worship for a group (not necessarily in a church)
- Experience with church presentation software, specifically ProPresenter
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN YOUR APPLICATION
- A photograph of you (and your family, if applicable)
- Cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position
Please send all application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org