The Shiloh Baptist Church (SBC) Worship Leader will direct and oversee the worship ministry of our church, seeking to lead individuals into authentic worship and a deepening relationship with God. The worship leader serves as the primary person in charge of the worship ministry and for the oversight and development of all worship services.
– A growing Christian in agreement with the Holy Bible and the Baptist Faith and Message.
– Musical knowledge and skills (both vocal and instrumental) needed for planning and leading a blended worship service. Ability to read and teach music. Bachelor’s Degree in music, Biblical studies, ministry, or a similar discipline preferred.
– Ability to organize and lead a choir, praise teams, a praise band and a sound/computer team.
– Commitment to use music for God’s glory, working as a team player with a servant’s heart.
– Supportive of the Pastor, church leadership, and overall church direction.
Preferred Knowledge and Abilities:
– At least two years’ experience in leading worship in a variety of music styles.
– Musically gifted and trained, preferably with keyboard, to use instrumentation in leading the worship service.
– Competent in using computer related to service planning and presentation.
– Knowledge in utilization of audio/visual equipment.
– Creativity to envision and implement authentic, impactful worship services.
– Ability to effectively recruit, develop, and lead choir, various worship teams and individuals, as well as others connected to the worship services.
– Effective communication skills for one-on-one, small and large group settings.
– Ability to effectively interact with all ministry areas and leaders.
– Participation in serving the church body as a member of the ministry team.
– Direct and oversee the Shiloh Baptist Church (SBC) worship ministry. Serve as member of the church leadership team. Meet regularly with Senior Pastor. Oversee budget and expenditures for the worship ministry.
– Plan and lead all worship services in keeping with the overall vision, values and strategies of the church.
– Coordinate schedules and communicate with media/technical teams.
– Manage development and implementation of special worship events (Easter, Christmas, Fall Festival, etc.)
– Coordinate all programming elements (e.g., music, video, drama, narration, etc.) for regular and special services and establish a rehearsal schedule for teams/individuals involved in services.
– Establish a calendar for special worship events and plan, in advance, for the effective implementation of each event.
– Lead worship team.
– Lead worship team rehearsals and provide overall direction for other concurrent rehearsals.
– Recruit and supervise members of the worship team, providing training as needed.
– Develop a schedule for all persons and elements involved in each worship service.
– Coordinate and distribute musical scores as needed.
– Communicate with all worship service participants about their involvement so that they are effectively prepared for and informed of their assignment(s).
– Must participate in the designated outreach/evangelism ministry required for all staff members of Shiloh Baptist Church.
– Performs other duties as assigned.
– Reports to Senior Pastor for oversight and accountability of outlined tasks.
Compensation: Bi-vocational position. Salary to be set based on knowledge, skills, abilities and experience.
If interested, please send your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Shiloh Baptist Church Worship Leader Search Committee, P. O. Box 326, Hartford, AL 36344.