We are an active, growing church that weekly sees God transform lives through salvation, baptism, freedom from sin and addictions, marriages healed, and personal growth. A big part of our weekly ministry is our worship ministry and experiences. We are looking for some one who can both lead our church and our worship team to support the ministries of the church with current, relevant, and God-honoring worship. This position is not just for a song leader but someone who has a heart for ministry and worship who can build and lead our worship team to lead our church into God’s presence to worship and bring glory to Him as the body of Christ.
The Worship Leader first and foremost needs to be a person who understands how the worship ministry is integrated with the vision and ministries of the church, works well with other staff and has a pastoral mindset in leading their team and ministering to the body through worship. The Worship Leader is responsible for contributing to the development and implementation of an excellent high-impact worship experience at Journey Church. This position requires an individual who possesses exceptional vocal talent and a deep understanding of music and its relationship to worship. The ability to play a musical instrument is highly preferred but not required. Each week this person must display the ability to lead Journey Church in worship by engaging those in attendance and leading them to move from watchers to worshippers.
In addition to leading worship on stage, this person will work with the production team and contribute fresh ideas to worship service planning and manage any delegated duties and details required to implement the plan. The Worship Leader will be expected to recruit, train, lead, and disciple the worship team to fulfill the worship ministry responsibilities in partnership with the other ministries of the church. The Worship Leader will work in tandem with other worship staff and leadership to constantly evaluate, refine, and create a worship experience characterized by creativity, unity, and sensitivity to the style and culture of Journey Church’s unique worship environments.
- Some College preferred, Formal music training is preferred
- Exceptional Musical Talent, Solo quality vocalist, the ability to read and write music (preferred), Instrumentalist (highly preferred).
- At least 3 years on-stage experience with experience in leading worship, Above average on-stage communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to creatively plan and implement worship sets and service plans.
- Must be an effective team builder, display natural leadership skills, and be willing to grow and develop as a leader.
- Proficiency in Ableton Live.
- Familiarity or proficiency with Planning Center Online for scheduling and service planning.
- Be a team player and a team builder.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
Responsibilities may include but not be limited to the following items:
- Be present early for each weekly practice and lead the band during the practice.
- Establish a worship team leadership pipeline for current and future worship team needs through recruiting, auditions, training and discipleship of current and new members to the worship team.
- Invest in the worship team members by discipling them, praying for them, and helping them improve their skills.
- Schedule the worship team for Sunday in Planning Center Online at least six weeks in advance.
- Plan weekly worship sets and post them in Planning Center Online at least six weeks in advance.
- Create or oversee the creation of charts, tracks, and other musical elements needed for weekly worship services. (Ableton Live)
- Be prepared to lead in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist in the creative planning and development (and leading as needed) of all Journey worship services, including Journey students, kids worship, Journey 56, and celebrate recovery, monthly prayer gatherings (add worship opportunities – as needed).
- Ensure that the various worship environments at Journey are led by trained and qualified worship teams each week.
- Help Find and/or write new music that fits the worship theme and format of weekly services.
- Consistently contribute fresh ideas, think out of the box, and display diverse worship styles that creatively connect with those in attendance.
- Work in partnership with the Production Team to access, maintain, make recommendations for staging and production equipment needs.
- Complete CCLI reports on a timely basis.
- Prepare proposed Worship Ministry budget annually
- Attend weekly staff and worship planning meetings
- Consistently tithe to Journey Church.
- Perform any and all duties assigned by your supervisor or Executive Team.
- Embrace the vision, mission and core values of Journey Church and represent them in my daily walk.
- Be a fully engaged member of Journey Church and follow the membership covenant below:
Journey Church Membership Covenant
I will protect the unity of my church
…by acting in love toward other members.
…by refusing to gossip.
…by following the leaders.
I will share in the responsibility of my church
…by praying for its growth.
…by inviting the unchurched to attend.
…by warmly welcoming those who visit.
I will serve the ministry of my church
…by discovering my gifts and talents.
…by being equipped to serve by my pastors.
…by developing a servant’s heart.
I will support the testimony of my church
…by attending faithfully.
…by living a godly life.
About Journey Church
Journey Church is a growing church that focuses on those who are disconnected from God and seek to make them fully devoted followers of Christ.
We envision being a church without walls where the lost are reached through intentional relationships here in our community and to the ends of the earth.
We envision being a church where the atmosphere resonates with a sense of celebration, excitement, and warmth.
We envision being a church where families are equipped and encouraged as they deal with the ever increasing strains of living life in the real world.
We envision being a church where creativity is encouraged and spiritual gifts are discovered and employed with excellence.
We envision being a church that is relevant and connected to the culture surrounding us while remaining Biblically grounded and doctrinally pure.
We envision being a church where dynamic creative worship leads to an encounter with the God of all creation.
We envision being a church that values the application of Scripture and where teaching is for life-change.
We envision being a church utterly dependent on God, where prayer is like breathing.
We envision being a church that grows larger while at the same time growing smaller through small, intimate, transparent, and responsible groups of people sharing where they are in this journey called life.
We envision being a church where believers are continually growing and becoming fully mature followers of Christ in every aspect of their lives.
We envision being a church that never ceases to grow and continually reproduces new believers and new churches.
We Value People
We Value Relationships
We Value Application of Scripture
We Value Growth
We Value Small Groups
We Value Excellence
We Value Service
We Value Creativity and Innovation
We Value Unity and Diversity