*** About this Job ***
This role of Worship and Youth Pastor is a dual-role staff position. Worship and Youth are key areas of growth we want to focus on in the coming year, and this position will have the chance to build many aspects of ministry from some fresh starts. Connecting to new people and developing new leaders will be key to succeed here. Central has a rich tradition of thriving ministry and we’re looking to build a team that is ready to grow and reach people for the Kingdom over the next 10-15 years.
//// We’ll connect soon if… \\
– You show experience in building team members who are volunteers and give them the ministry
– You’re able to play an instrument or several
– You have some experience working in youth ministry
– You’re Already married (not required)
– Leading and living from a growing relationship with Jesus
//// You’ll thrive with us if you are… \\
– Entrepreneurial in your leadership and like starting from scratch
– Ready to blend fresh ideas with traditional components of worship ministry
– Able to communicate and relate to a wide range of ages
– Looking for a rural location that’s about to grow
*** Experience & Background ***
– Bachelor’s degree minimum, master degree preferred but not required
– Musical background
– 3+ years ministry experience preferred, not required
*** How to Apply ***
– To apply for this position please submit your resumé with references to email@example.com
*** Job Description – Worship and Youth Pastor ***
Status: Full-time, Salaried
//// General Description \\
The role of the Worship and Youth Pastor is to lead all aspects of the worship life and the youth ministry of Central Baptist Church. The Worship and Youth Pastor shepherds people in authentic worship through the experience of music and creative arts while also building relationships with youth and their families.
//// Essential Job Functions – Worship \\
1. Serve as the primary worship leader for all Central Baptist Church worship services.
2. Recruit and develop volunteer teams to lead in areas of music, instruments, audio, video, and live-streaming.
3. Lead weekly rehearsals to prepare for Sunday morning service.
4. Prepare and share music, chords and other resources with teams for Worship services.
5. Participate in all planning and creative meetings.
6. Assist with providing music at occasional services such as weddings, funerals, etc, or arrange for others to do so.
7. Manage and maintain the musical instruments and production technology equipment.
8. Manage the worship ministry budget.
9. Keep an organized library of music and support materials.
10. Shepherd worship team members and assist in other pastoral duties.
//// Essential Job Functions – Youth \\
1. Serve as the primary leader for engaging youth.
2. Make weekly connections to students on their turf.
3. Recruit and develop volunteer teams to lead in areas of youth ministry such as small groups, outreach, and event programming.
4. Build relationships with parents of youth and provide resources or support so they can be the primary disciple-makers of their youth.
5. Disciple students in small groups.
6. Prepare a monthly youth ministry event/gathering and invite students.
7. Organize a yearly camp/mission trip for students.
8. Manage and maintain the youth ministry budget.
9. Adhere to Risk Management Policies and train other team members to do the same.
10. Shepherd student ministry team members and assist in other pastoral duties.
//// Strengths, Skills or Knowledge \\
– Initiator who is self-motivated
– A good “team player” and team builder with experience in supervising, motivating and encouraging others.
– Able to keep calm under pressure and respond in a measured way in stressful situations.
– Working knowledge of ProPresenter, Planning Center, and technology used for live-streaming
– Proven organizational and administrative skills.
– Able to set realistic goals and targets and be able to set a pace of work that is sustainable in the long-term.
//// Your Team \\
This position reports to the Lead Pastor.
//// Personal Responsibilities \\
While not specifically related to the job, here are some personal responsibilities of everyone on staff at Central Baptist Church:
– Maintain God-ordained priorities in your life by putting Jesus Christ first, your spouse second, your children third and the ministry fourth.
– Give at least 10% of your income toward the mission and vision of Central Baptist Church.
– Be loyal to the vision and staff of Central Baptist Church and always protect the unity of the church.
– Demonstrate a Christ-like attitude through all interactions with congregation, staff, and volunteers.
– Invest and invite the lost to know Jesus and come to Central Baptist Church.
//// Your Schedule \\
This is a full-time, salaried position around 40+ hours a week. Office Days are Sunday thru Thursday.