The Preschool Director is responsible for the operation and administration of the weekday preschool and Adventure Club at Journey Church Preschool, a ministry of Journey Church. The Preschool Director must be committed to sustaining a high-quality child care program that values partnerships between families and staff. The Preschool Director creates an open and honest working environment that inspires professionalism and rewards creative, innovative teaching. The Director is the main point of contact for the church staff and for parents that have children enrolled at the preschool. They should strive to create a culture that is safe, fun, and educational. Communication with parents, teachers, and church staff should be open and frequent.
- Must be a faithful follower of Jesus Christ that is in a growing relationship with God.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, with a major or emphasis in early childhood education and at least 1 year experience teaching preschool-age children.
- Experience directing or managing a preschool ministry is highly desired. Ministry-minded individual that understands this position is an opportunity to minister to families and children of our community.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Must have the ability to interact with families in a nurturing, compassionate, and sincere manner.
- Demonstrates basic computer skills, including word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- The following certifications and requirements must be met: CPR/First Aid certification (adult and pediatric), current fingerprint clearance, and an updated background check.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
Responsibilities may include but not be limited to the following items:
- Maintain a positive attitude and deal with difficult situations in a professional and efficient manner.
Provide ongoing mentoring and coaching to preschool classroom staff by spending time in classrooms to introduce and support new ideas, strategies, etc.
- Lead the staff to maintain compliance with state regulations.
- Lead monthly staff meetings with staff to cast vision, celebrate wins, and train.
- Conduct written performance reviews of and performance review conversations with all preschool classroom teachers at least annually.
- Respond promptly and appropriately to parent concerns, involving teachers, administrators, families or external support personnel as needed.
- Work in coordination with the Business Administrator and Executive Pastor to hire, train, mentor, and supervise the best possible preschool classroom staff.
- Schedule subs for teachers, handle call-outs, approve time off for teachers, enter time off/call-outs on calendar for teachers.
- Provide orientation for new staff members.
- Assist in creating the annual budget for the preschool program and monitor expenses monthly.
- Submit purchase request forms for equipment and supplies needed for successful implementation of programs and to meet safety and accreditation standards.
- Oversee use of physical space so that classrooms, common areas, office space and playgrounds are clean and safe.
- Conduct regular fire drills and quarterly disaster drills.
- Provide an attractive and welcoming environment for Journey Preschool families.
- Keep staff apprised of professional development opportunities, revisions of policy or procedures, and personnel changes through written or electronic communications.
- Visit excellent preschool programs to help evaluate our current progress as well as look for new ideas.
- Be flexible in personal scheduling and in scheduling teachers to meet the needs of the overall program.
- Perform any and all duties assigned by supervisor or the Executive Team.
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of Journey Church and represent them in your daily walk.
If this sounds like you, apply today by emailing your resume to our Executive Pastor, Daniel Bridgman at firstname.lastname@example.org