North Shelby Baptist Church is accepting resumes for the full-time position of Student Pastor. Located in a fast-growing suburb of Birmingham, this multi-generational, traditional style church places its greatest emphasis on loving God, loving others, and sharing Jesus. We seek an experienced individual who shares our devotion to educate and inspire students in the knowledge of the Word of God, but who also motivates and works to help unite the church in their desire to share the love of Jesus through missions and outreach.
The duties of the Student Pastor will include:
1. Reach, teach, and disciple youth through personal example and counsel, as well as through programs and events.
2. Support Sunday School and discipleship training and ministry training.
3. Direct and teach students on Wednesday evenings and/or other times, with counsel from the Minister of Education & Families, and the Student Ministry Committee.
4. Determine, plan, direct and oversee appropriate youth events, retreats, outreach projects, ministry/mission projects or recreational events.
5. Cultivate and work with student praise band in student worship leadership.
STAFF & VOLUNTEER SUPPORT
6. Serve as a member of the Ministerial staff, sharing the ministry of visitation, outreach, preaching, worship leadership, etc., according to the Minister’s gifts and interests and as the Church needs.
7. Work with Minister of Education & Families to recruit, lead, train, mentor, and shepherd age-group volunteer workers.
8. Direct and promote volunteer workers’ meetings as needed.
9. Establish and coordinate effective communication policies between all age-groups.
• Born again believer in Jesus Christ
• Meet the pastoral qualifications laid out in 1 Timothy 3
• Four-year degree from an accredited college/university
• Seminary degree preferred
• Church staff experience required
• Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in student leadership
• A genuine, Christ-like love for students of all ages and their families
• An example for families, staff and volunteers by being a model of personal integrity, discipleship, evangelism and genuine humility
• A humble, teachable spirit with excellent teaching as well as verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to recognize strengths in people and delegate and develop both volunteers and staff according to their strengths
• Self-motivated, with excellent administrative and organization skills
• Subject to criminal and financial background screening
Submit resumé to: PC@northshelbybaptist.org