Position Summary: Our church is looking for an individual with a passion to minister to young people and guide them on their Christian walk. Traditionally the youth and college each meet separately once a week for a bible study. This position would involve teaching youth (7th-12th grade) as well as college students. We are looking for someone to be involved in the lives of our young people and to be a positive role model for them.
Primary Functions: The primary functions of this position are to serve the Lord with passion
and sincere love for God in the area of College and Youth Family Ministry. This ministry is to
provide growth in relationship with the Lord, relationships with one another and outreach to the
lost. The purpose is to glorify God in word, worship and daily lives through discipleship,
fellowship, recreation and most important, teaching the Bible.
– Must exhibit strong Christian character that demonstrates a close relationship with God as
evidenced in his/her personal life, family life, and ministry. His/her daily walk with God
will be an example to the rest of the church family.
– Clear calling from God to minister to college and youth and their families.
– The desire and ability to effectively lead others of all ages to salvation.
– Can teach and offer guidance from the Bible effectively.
– Willing to be involved in pastoral ministry to all the church family and community.
– Have good “people skills” with members and a “team spirit” with church staff.
– Is a “self-starter” able to work with minimum supervision, organized, punctual, and
always prepared for every ministry assignment.
– Have a “teachable spirit” in receiving both direction and correction as needed.
– Participates as a member of pastoral/ministerial staff.
– Reports directly to the Senior Pastor and works under his direction and authority
– Encourage, recruit, train, model and support teachers and volunteers for all areas of
College and Youth Ministry.
– Communicates with leaders regularly to pray and discuss upcoming events, programs,
solutions, and new ideas.
– Assists in making contact with prospects, visitors, and new members in order to point
them to Christ and assimilate them into the church body.
– Stays current with ministry trends through a variety of mediums, including social media.
– Attends staff planning meetings and participates with colleagues in team ministry.
– Will supervise all volunteers working with College and Youth.
– Works with the College and Youth Committees in Planning, Implementing, Evaluating
– Direct/Delegate the leading of regular Bible Studies, fellowships and outreach activities
for College and Youth.
– Plan special events such as retreats, camps, mission trip, day trips, parenting
-Provide biblical guidance/counseling referral for College Youth and Parents as needed.
– Minister to students at and outside events as much as possible.
– In conjunction with Staff, plan for College and Youth participation in worship service.
– Recruit, Train. Encourage and Schedule ministry volunteers.
– Regularly contact inactive and prospective participants and their parents.
– Participate in worship leadership and invitation counseling as assigned.
– Attend Staff Meetings and help with other ministry responsibilities as requested.