Farmstead Baptist Church or Jasper, AL, is looking for a full-time Student Pastor. Jasper is a growing city of about 15,000 people about 45 minutes north of Birmingham, AL. This full-time, ministerial position that is responsible for modeling what it means to be an authentic follower of Jesus Christ at home, at church, and in the community. They must demonstrate a firm commitment to Christ, Farmstead Baptist church, the Farmstead Baptist Culture Statements and philosophy of ministry and commit to pray for Farmstead Baptist Church and Farmstead Student Ministry.
The Pastor of Student Ministries works under the supervision of the Senior Pastor and is responsible for overseeing the ministry of students and their families in grades 7–12. He is expected to work closely with other pastors to ensure the Student Ministry fits in the overall mission of equipping students to be and make authentic followers of Jesus Christ.
Support the mission and vision of Farmstead Baptist Church.
• Build relationships with students and parents.
• Establish himself as a Biblically sound teacher and work to equip and guide students and parents in their spiritual growth.
• Building and maintain a parent volunteer team to help with planning and executing the goals and activities of Farmstead Student Ministry.
• Promote student involvement in the church as a whole. Students are not only the church of the future, but part of the church right now. It is our desire to see them engage in the whole church, not simply the Student Ministry.
• Able to navigate tough conversations with students and parents.
• Work with Senior Pastor and Children’s Pastor to develop and implement a birth to graduation family ministry plan.
• Plan a yearly budget to submit to the Stewardship Committee and administer the budget responsibly.
• Plan a yearly calendar each year that includes, but is not limited to, student summer camp, a discipleship event, quarterly student fellowships.
• The Student Pastor will be responsible for Sunday School for 7th-12th grade. They will be responsible for recruiting and training teachers. They will be responsible to teach if a teacher cannot be found.
• The Student Pastor is responsible for outreach and evangelism to visiting students and their families.
• Perform other duties as requested by the Lead Pastor.
Salary will be determined on the education and experience of the applicant.