Cottage Hill Baptist Church is prayerfully searching for a Bi-Vocational Student Minister to partner with the pastor, staff, parents and volunteers to provide gospel-centered teaching and life application of biblical principles to the young people that are in the 7-12 grades in our community. Please email resume or direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsibilities of the Student Minister will be the following.
• Enlist and train teachers and counselors in the youth department
• Advise in the use of ministry materials, equipment, supplies and space for youth groups
• Maintain an active ministry of personal witnessing and ministry
• Promote a regular ministry of outreach for youth program in cooperation with the church’s plan on outreach
• Work with admin council to plan, lead and conduct special projects (i.e., retreats/ camps, etc)
• Be aware of all resource materials being used by all student workers
• After the use of church transportation, make sure the vehicles are left clean and ready for the next use
• Prepare an annual budget for the Youth Department to be given to the Finance Committee for approval.
• Responsible that all expenditures (reimbursement requests or church credit card use) are turned in timely and are identified properly for student services.
• Keep informed on the latest materials and methods related to student work
• Be willing and prepared to council students who sometimes struggle with a variety of serious issues. Know that you may have limits and know when to include the pastor or other church leaders.
• Be able to clearly communicate and teach the Bible
• Be responsible for teaching student groups on Sundays and Wednesdays
• Be a ‘peacemaker’ promoting unity in conflict resolution
• Perform other duties as requested by the senior pastor