Riverchase Baptist Church
Department: Discipleship | Family Ministry
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Job Status: Part-Time (20 hours per week)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Effective Date: Immediately
Office: Second Floor | Student Minister’s Office
The Student Minister is responsible to Riverchase Baptist Church, under the supervision of the Senior Pastor, for overseeing the weekly discipleship programming of students in grades 6-12. The Student Minister will execute weekly programming consistent with the mission, vision, values and strategies of Riverchase Baptist Church. At its core, the Student Minister should equip and encourage students to Glorify God and Make Disciples.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
• Pray regularly for students, families, and leadership that participate in and lead the Student Ministry of RBC.
• Oversee and administer all ongoing programming for students grades 6-12 including mid-week Bible Study, Sunday School and monthly fellowship and service events.
• Recruit, develop, and deploy new volunteers for the church’s youth ministry.
• Develop a Bible teaching calendar for the youth that takes into consideration the full counsel of God’s Word and the spiritual, physical, emotional, and mental needs of the youth in our community.
• Regularly lead the youth in short-term missions experiences (alternating between local, domestic, and international).
• Work with other church leaders to find ministry opportunities for youth in the broader church family.
• Maintain student ministry physical spaces (classrooms, welcome areas, storage spaces).
• Maintain student ministry digital spaces (website, newsletter, social media accounts)
• Coordinate with Finance Committee to develop annual student ministry budget.
• Coordinate and lead Student Committee meetings.
• Attend staff meetings and retreats as required.
• Support the Office of the Senior Pastor as requested.
• A personal sense of calling from God to Christian ministry in general and specifically to Student Ministry
• Can identify closely with the mission, values, vision, theology, philosophy and methodology of Riverchase Baptist Church.
• A maturing Christian who demonstrates the Fruits of the Spirit, is growing in their faith and is committed to spiritual disciplines such as Bible reading, prayer and sabbath.
• The proven ability to collaborate, cooperate and function well in a team environment.
• The proven ability to think strategically and creatively work with approved ministry models and paradigms.
• Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• 3 years removed from High School
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Ability to pass church approved background check