Staff level: employee, exempt
Full-time/part-time: part-time (avg. 6-10 hours/week)
Annual pay: TBD based on qualifications and experience
Reports to: co-pastors
The Student Ministry will develop and oversee all FLBC ministries to students (6th to 12th grade) in an effort to help students and their families become devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
The scope of this position includes:
• expanding ministry strategies that help disciple parents and families in every life stage.
• overseeing our student ministry (6th to 12th grade).
• partnering regularly with our college ministry to promote intergenerational ministry.
• serving as a pastoral presence for our entire church.
We’re looking for someone who:
• excels at leading and developing leaders.
• builds relational credibility with parents and is knowledgeable about the challenges they face.
• enjoys collaborative ministry and thrives in a team setting.
• brings fresh thinking to our ministry strategies with students and parents.
The Student Minister at FLBC will be someone who can shepherd and develop our family ministries.
Specifically, the Student Minister at FLBC will be someone who is:
• committed to a healthy, personal relationship with God, and to caring for and leading his family well.
• gifted and convinced of a calling to student ministry, loves students, and exhibits a passion for our core values: discipleship, missions, service, worship, and community.
• an engaging teacher with a strong biblical and theological background, and is in agreement with FLBC’s faith commitments.
• able to shepherd and develop our student ministry and its team of volunteers.
• able to implement ministry strategies that focus on the unique needs of parents as their students move through each stage of development.
• willing to collaborate with our pastoral and student ministry teams to refine and enhance existing student ministry strategies.
• capable of providing a pastoral presence to FLBC families, as well as assisting with the pastoral needs of the entire congregation (care, equipping, leadership, preaching).
The Student Minister at FLBC will be expected to:
• cast a short-, mid-, and long-term vision for the student ministry.
• grow FLBC student ministries in meaningful ways through discipleship and outreach.
• be mentored by the co-pastors, remaining accountable and responsive to their oversight of the Student Minister’s ministry.
• assist the pastoral team with pastoral, ministerial, and administrative duties as needed.
• attend worship services and staff meetings.
• present student ministry updates and goals to the co-pastors and key leadership teams each year.
• develop and present to the church annual student ministry budget proposals.
• stay up-to-date with student ministry practices and strategies through print and online resources, leadership conferences, and other ministry development resources.
• participate in a yearly position performance review as part of broader leadership development expectations for FLBC pastors and ministry leaders.
The Student Minister at FLBC should be proficient and confident in the following areas:
• recruiting, developing, and equipping volunteer leaders.
• teaching students.
• equipping parents to become the primary disciple-makers in their home.
• pastoring parents, teens, and/or children in crisis situations.
• developmental stages of children and teens.
• collaborating with a team.
• special needs ministry.
• creative safe, fun, and engaging environments for students.
• strategic planning and budget management.
The Student Minister at FLBC is preferred to have the following education and experience:
• a bachelor’s degree in the relevant ministry areas (or the equivalent in ministry experience).
• a minimum of five years ministry experience that includes working closely with families, children, and teens.
• proven leadership and management skills.
• strong presentation and teaching skills.
• strong relational and team-building skills.
• strong written communication skills.
• strong organizational skills for maintaining, growing, and mobilizing a strong, effective team and ministry.