First Baptist Church Opp is looking for a dynamic individual who will build relationships with our youth and college-age students and parents; create an engaging environment for youth/college age to grow in Christ, experience His love, serve Him in ministry. This position will demonstrate a growing relationship with Christ and will lead our students toward Jesus. We are looking for someone who is built for relationships, laughs easily, loves Jesus, lives on mission, serves without the need for acknowledgement, communicates well, and wants to be part of a great church staff and small-town environment. The Student Minister will minister to the needs of Youth & College (Student Ministry) at FBC Opp and the community as well as growing students in their walk with Christ, be responsible for coordinating activities with the staff to help develop our Youth & College Department and assisting the Senior Pastor in other areas of administration, pastoral care, and shepherding of the congregation. Responsibilities:
- To engage all age levels and maturity levels of the youth group (and college ministry) in a manner that will start or continue the student’s walk with Christ.
- To work in the planning, developing and execution of weekly, seasonal and special events to help educate students in the Word of God.
- To attend activities that promote community outreach.
- Plan, develop and execute methods of outreach to the local community.
- Educate and encourage our students to take a personal interest in supporting local, national and foreign missions.
- To develop and encourage student leadership within Student Ministry and church overall.
- Prepare the annual budget needs for the Student Ministry. Provide the proposed annual budget needs to the Finance Committee.
- Oversee the expenditures.
- Organize and purchase any needed supplies or material to educate our students.
- Serve on the church council to ensure that events are being scheduled and coordinate to coincide with the needs of the church.
- Keep the parents of our youth informed about any concerns or activities as needed and encourage parental participation.
- Search out volunteers to help in leading the weekly activities of our students. Maintain the accountability of the volunteers and provide any training to complete this objective.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Pastor or Personnel Committee in order to meet the needs of our church.
- Attend church events and activities.