The Student Minister (SM) of Smithville Baptist Church is to be a man of God called to serve the
Lord by making disciples of students (kindergarten through college). His teaching and doctrine
are to be biblical and balanced. His life is to be filled with Christian character and integrity. His
ministry is to be punctuated with love and concern for the students of our church and
community. His commitment is to the ministry of Smithville Baptist Church and his ministry
endeavors will demonstrate his commitment.
– He will maintain a growing relationship with God, his family, the church body, and
– He will maintain a good reputation with people inside the church body and in the
– Serve under the oversight of the Pastor of Smithville Baptist Church.
– Work with the Children’s Committee, Youth Committee, and College and Career
committee to oversee discipleship and outreach programs and activities for children
(kindergarten through sixth grade), youth (seventh through twelfth grade), and college-
aged students, respectively.
– Lead junior high and high school students in Bible study on Wednesday nights and
Sunday nights. This Bible study will be under the oversight of the pastor, but the SM will
have the freedom and responsibility of developing and implementing these weekly
– Plan and engage in conferences, camps, and mission trips for students. (SM required to
attend conferences, camps, and mission trips for junior high and high school students.
Children and college and career conferences, camps, and mission trips are optional for
– Other duties as expressed by the pastor.
– Work minimum of 40 hours per week, with at least 25 office hours.
– Serve on church council and submit calendar of events for students quarterly.
– Prepare annual student ministry budget requests for finance committee.
– Meet with pastor weekly for discipleship, prayer, and ministry strategy.
– Meet with pastor and deacons monthly to update on student ministry and express