First Baptist Church – Opp
POSITION TITLE: Youth & College Director (Student Minister)
DATE: September 2021
REPORTS TO: Pastor
PURPOSE: Minister to the needs of FBC Youth & College (Student Ministry), growing students in their walk with Christ. Coordinating activities with the staff to help develop our Youth & College Department. Assisting the Senior Pastor in other areas of administration, pastoral care, and shepherding the congregation.
1. To engage all age levels and maturity levels of the youth group (and college ministry) in a manner that will start or continue the student’s walk with Christ.
2. To work in the planning, developing and execution of weekly, seasonal and special events to help educate students in the Word of God.
3. To attend activities that promote community outreach.
4. Plan, develop and execute methods of outreach to the local community.
5. Educate and encourage our students to take a personal interest in supporting local, national and foreign missions.
6. To develop and encourage student leadership within Student Ministry and church overall.
7. Prepare the annual budget needs for the Student Ministry. Provide the proposed annual
budget needs to the Finance Committee. Oversee the expenditures.
8. Organize and purchase any needed supplies or material to educate our students.
9. Serve on the church council to ensure that events are being scheduled and coordinate to coincide with the needs of the church.
10. Keep the parents of our youth informed about any concerns or activities as needed and encourage parental participation.
11. Search out volunteers to help in leading the weekly activities of our students. Maintain the accountability of the volunteers and provide any training to complete this objective.
12. Perform other duties as assigned by Pastor or Personnel Committee in order to meet the needs of our church.
13. Attend church events and activities.
14. Other duties as assigned.
Student Minister Position (advertisement)
We are looking for a dynamic individual who will build relationships with our youth and college-age students and parents; create an engaging environment for youth/college age to grow in Christ, experience His love, serve Him in ministry. This position will demonstrate a growing relationship with Christ and will lead our students toward Jesus. We are looking for someone who is built for relationships, laughs easily, loves Jesus, lives on mission, serves without the need for acknowledgement, communicates well, and wants to be part of a great church staff and small-town environment. Resumes are currently being accepted via email @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
First Baptist Church in Opp, Alabama has been part of the town and a beacon of hope for almost 120 years. We are central to a small town where churches and people join together to pray at city hall, sit together on Friday nights at football games, churches team up for joint services, and student ministers have an invitation to the schools.
First Baptist Church has a vision for the future where we minister to our community and beyond. We are a vibrant church with a weekly attendance of approximately 200 people in our morning worship service and 40 youth at our weekly student gatherings. We strive to do life together in order to grow closer to one another and grow closer to Christ; we celebrate on Sunday in a blended style of worship; we have babies on up to senior adults in our church family. We see the church as a family together. We want to be known for Loving God and Loving Others!