First Baptist Church of Meridianville
Interested applicants may email resume to email@example.com
First Baptist Church of Meridianville (FBCM) is seeking a Senior Pastor to shepherd the congregation and to lead in ministering to our rapidly-growing community in North Madison County, Alabama and surrounding areas. This is a full-time, exempt salaried position.
- Meets the qualifications of a church leader in accordance with 1 Timothy 3:1-7;
- Affirms the Baptist Faith and Message 2000;
- Has a commitment to expository preaching through books of the Bible and to the truth that the Bible is totally accurate in all of the principles it teaches;
- Has a commitment to preaching Lordship salvation and to the truth that a person cannot earn their way into Heaven by trying to be good or do good works;
- Has a God-centered theology and methodology, acknowledging God as the all-knowing, all-powerful creator of the world who still rules the universe today;
- Has a commitment to the truths that Jesus Christ lived a sinless life on earth and that absolute moral truth exists;
- Has a commitment to disciple-making through gospel-focused worship, training, large and small group education, and service;
- Has a proven missional commitment, with examples of local community missions, state and other North American opportunities, as well as international partnerships;
- Has prior, fruitful, full-time pastoral experience in a multi-generational ministry environment;
- A minimum of a Masters of Divinity (Mdiv) from an SBC seminary is preferred.
KEY FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Serves as the Senior Pastor and Minister of the church body, to include partnering with support-staff and committees to lead a multi-generational body of believers in functioning as a New Testament Church.
- Responsible to God and accountable to the church to perform all pastoral duties as set forth in the New Testament.
- Proclaims the gospel of Jesus Christ, teaching Biblical truths, repentance and revelation;
- Engages in pastoral care ministries, to include family and hospital visitations, Biblical counseling, weddings, and funerals as required.
- Provides overall spiritual leadership in all areas of church life.
- Specific job functions and other information is provided at the FBCM website link above.