First Baptist Church of Mount Olive (FBCMO) is seeking God’s man to serve as our Pastor.
This position’s principle responsibilities are to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, to preach the
biblical revelation, to engage in pastoral care ministries, and to provide administrative leadership
in all areas of church life.
The general areas of responsibility include being the spiritual leader of the church, a personal
soul-winner, leading the staff and the church in a caring ministry for persons in the church and
community, providing personal spiritual guidance and counseling as appropriate, responsibility
for the integrity of the pulpit, and performing other duties assigned by the church.
The purpose of FBMCO is to exalt God through worship, exemplify Christ by ministering to the
needs of others, and evangelize at home, in the community, and around the world.
The Pastor’s role to accomplish this will include:
- Preaching and Bible study, setting aside adequate study time
- Lead in ordinances of baptism and the Lord̓ ’s Supper
- Oversee special Bible studies
- Visit church members, hospitals, etc.
- Work with the deacons to minister to the spiritual and physical needs of those
within the church and community.
- Conduct funerals and weddings as he is able, delegating to others on the staff
responsibilities in this area as needed.
- Home-bound ministry.
- Serve as ex-officio member of standing committees.
- Outreach program of the church.
- Visit prospects
- Plan periodic revivals
- Four year college degree
- Master of Divinity Degree preferred.
- All preferably through a Southern Baptist College, university, or Seminary.
- Preferably, more than 10 years’ experience serving as Pastor
FBCMO Statement of Beliefs:
We subscribe to the doctrinal statement of The Baptist Faith and Message as adopted by the
Southern Baptist Convention in 1963 and as amended in 2000.
Please submit your application via email to: PSC@FBCMO.org
or mail to:
Pastor Search Committee
First Baptist Church of Mount Olive
3200 Mount Olive Road
Mount Olive AL 35117