After 25 years of dedicated Christian service, our senior pastor at Crawford Baptist Church retired at the end of April 2021. As the apostle Paul stated in Colossians 2:2, we are seeking a new senior pastor who can help our church continue to “Be encouraged in heart and united in love.” Our multigenerational congregation is eager to find a senior pastor who demonstrates a clear testimony of his faith and is guided by the Holy Spirit.
Crawford Baptist Church was founded in 1848 and is located in Russell County, Alabama. We are 20 miles west of Columbus, Georgia; 70 miles east of Montgomery, Alabama; and 20 miles from Auburn, Alabama. Our church actively hosts and participates in several community activities and is an integral part of the growing Crawford area.
We currently have a full-time associate pastor, part-time secretary, and 11 active deacons. Pre-COVID, our average Sunday School attendance was over 100, and Sunday morning worship was around 150. We are holding Sunday School classes, Sunday morning worship in our Family Life Center, and the nursery is currently available during services. We have plans to resume our Wednesday evening services in May 2021.
Crawford Baptist Church prayerfully and faithfully awaits the Lord. All praise, honor and glory to the Father through Christ Jesus.
The senior pastor shall have a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and must meet the requirements as defined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9. He should be in full agreement with the Baptist Faith and Message (2000). A degree from an accredited seminary and pastoral experience are preferred, but not required. He needs to be a leader with a vision for the future of the church.
The senior pastor will be responsible to the Lord Jesus Christ and to the church to proclaim the gospel, teach the inerrant scriptures from the Bible, and engage in pastoral care ministries.
• Prepare and deliver sermons, conduct worship services, and lead in observance of church ordinances.
• Organize and oversee all Bible studies including Sunday School, in-depth small groups, and Wednesday night programs.
• Visit members and prospects.
• Conduct counseling sessions and perform wedding ceremonies and funerals at his discretion.
• Provide leadership, both personally and corporately, with a heart for evangelism, discipleship, outreach, and missions projects.
• Work with deacons, church officers, and committees as they perform their assigned responsibilities.
• Cooperate with associational, state, and denominational leaders in matters of mutual interest and concern.
• Serve as administrator/coordinator/motivator of paid staff.
• Serve as moderator of business meetings.
All applicants are invited to submit resume via mail or email to:
4503 US Highway 80 West
Phenix City, AL 36870