Enon Baptist Church is seeking an experienced candidate to fill the role of Senior Pastor. The church, formed in 1872, is a large, multigenerational and theologically conservative congregation with a traditional worship style. We currently have two Sunday morning worship services and one worship service on Sunday evening, in addition to a mid-week service on Wednesday night with a full range of class opportunities for all ages. Enon is located in Morris, Alabama, a growing community in northern Jefferson County, approximately 25 minutes from Birmingham.
For more information about Enon Baptist Church, please see the church’s website (www.enonbc.org). Interested candidates should send a cover letter, résumé, recommendations and links to sermons electronically to the Pastor Search Committee at ebcmorrisPSC@gmail.com. In the spirit of confidentiality, the contents received at this email address are only visible to members of the Pastor Search Committee.
· Seminary graduate with minimum Master of Divinity
· Minimum 5 to 10 years experience in a Senior Pastor role
· Licensed and ordained
· Preaching and pastoral care focused; a good administrator; must be committed to the Southern Baptist Statement of Faith and Message (2000)
The Senior Pastor is responsible to the church to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, to engage in pastoral care in meeting the needs of persons in the church and community, to provide administrative leadership in all areas of church ministry, and to act as the chief administrator of the church staff.
1. Serve as spiritual leader and overseer of the congregation.
2. Proclaim the gospel, and lead the church body in proclaiming the gospel, to the church, community, and nations.
3. Provide administrative leadership and vision for the total church ministry.
4. Serve as chairman of, or delegate and share the leadership of, the church leadership team (church council).
5. Lead the church staff, deacons, and the church body in a caring ministry for persons in the church and the community.
6. Lead or delegate the leadership of the congregational worship services. Plan, coordinate and evaluate congregational services.
7. Serve as moderator of the church.
8. Provide administrative leadership and oversight of the church staff.
9. Perform other duties as assigned by the church.