Visit our website at www.fairviewbaptistathens.org/
Fairview Baptist Church was founded in 1909 in Eastern Limestone County (north central Alabama). We are in a high growth area surrounded by the cities of Athens, Madison and Huntsville, which are experiencing significant growth with many new and expanding employers such as the new FBI facility on Redstone Arsenal, the new Toyota/Mazda plant. Our Senior Pastor will be retiring at the end of March 2021 after 15 years of service, and we are seeking a full time Senior Pastor to engage a growing surrounding community.
- Our paid staff consists of a full time Senior Pastor, full time Associate Pastor of Youth/Children, part-time church secretary, and a bi-vocational worship leader.
- We have 7 active deacons and an active church council.
- Currently debt free.
- Fairview affirms the Baptist Faith and Message of 2000.
- The church gives consistently and generously to the Lottie Moon and Annie Armstrong offerings, and supports the Cooperative Program, and Limestone County Churches Involved (LCCI).
- Actively participate in the Limestone County Baptist Association (Kevin Ward, director).
- Our average Sunday school attendance in 2019 was 142 and our average morning worship attendance was 185.
Candidate should be prepared to demonstrate his qualifications as defined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9. He must be a married man whose life bears witness to the fact that he is a committed follower of Christ and has been set apart for service as a pastor. His actions and leadership of the church must originate from the Holy Spirit, and not of himself. We are seeking candidates who have attained one or more of the following:
- Degree from an accredited seminary and 3+ years of experience as a Senior Pastor.
- 5+ years of successful experience as a Senior Pastor.
- 7+ years of successful experience as an Associate Pastor (or equivalent).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary pastoral duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Preaching/Teaching: He should be able to deliver to the lost an evangelistic message of redemption. He must also be able to rightly divide the words of truth found in the Bible and effectively teach an in-depth study. His preaching must be scripturally sound without being too technical, it must be able to feed us spiritually. The expectation is that the Senior Pastor will lead 2 Sunday services (morning and evening) through teaching and preaching, and lead Adult Bible study on Wednesday night.
- Pastoral Care: Candidates should be warm, outgoing, friendly, and approachable; able to relate to all age groups, and minister to every person in the congregation. The Senior Pastor is expected to visit and counsel with church members to provide encouragement and support during times of need. Candidates will need to demonstrate their proficiency with modern forms of social media communication.
- Administration: The Senior Pastor must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic, and have the ability to coordinate and motivate the members of the church for service. Must be accountable and responsible, and is expected to foster a spirit of unity amongst the employees and be able to coordinate with the Associate Pastor and present employees.
- Evangelism/Discipleship: The Senior Pastor will demonstrate a passionate desire, both personally and corporately, to reach the lost with the Gospel. He must have a heart for discipleship training and provide leadership in evangelism, outreach, missions projects, and emphasize the need for qualified persons to respond to God’s call to missions and ministry.
To apply please submit the following to email@example.com