The Early Learning Center (ELC) is a gospel-centered ministry of Riverside Baptist Church in Helena, AL. Its primary purpose is to share the gospel, the good news of Jesus Christ through a Bible-based curriculum, music, crafts and teaching while caring safely and securely for children ages 6-weeks to 4-K.
General Position Description:
The ELC Director is responsible for the health, safety and quality of the faith-based Pre-K education, for all children within the center’s care. The director is directly accountable for the overall operational management in accordance with well-established guidelines, including curriculum development, staff and facilities management, financial management, legal and DHR compliance, and long-range planning. The director ensures that the needs of the students and goals of the center are met appropriately.
· Establish short-term and long-term vision for the center. Manage adherence to quality standards in accordance with the vision and with required state and local requirements.
· Ensure the highest level of safety and well-being of every child in the ministry.
· Develop general preschool education curriculum; collaborate with staff to develop positive learning activities; Provide Bible-based curriculum and program to include chapel and classroom Bible study.
· Hire and supervise all ELC staff members, including providing new employee orientations, training and regular feedback and evaluations.
· Manage adherence to all required state, local and DHR regulations.
· Maintain records in accordance with established enrollment procedures and guidelines.
· Maintain communications with parents of current and prospective children through direct conversation, newsletters and parent handbook.
· Maintain positive relationships with regulatory agencies (DHR, Health Dept, etc.); ensure legal and financial compliance.
· Oversee all office functions including enrollment, re-enrollment, payments, financials, human resources, staff supervision and purchasing.
· Develop and update written documents for parent and staff policy guidelines.
· Resolve conflicts including corrective action when necessary to ensure a positive experience for everyone involved.
· Develops weekly staff work schedule within the budget constraints.
· Manage budget planning and review annually.
· Provide leadership and supervision for staff working in the center (approx. 16-18 employees).
· Lead regular Professional Development opportunities and staff meetings for employees.
· Maintain a Personal Professional Development plan to ensure continuous quality improvements.
· Works directly with the Discipleship & Missions Pastor regarding outreach ministry, financials, facilities and all other related issues.
· Participate collaboratively as a member of the Mission Outreach Ministries leadership team, including attending meetings when required and maintaining open and positive communication.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
· Must be a strong Christian with a vibrant relationship with the Lord.
· Must be able to lead others in a Christian setting and be an example for others.
· Actively attending a Bible believing church in the local area.
· Bachelor’s or Associate degree in early childhood education or related field of study is preferred or multiple years’ experience in the field.
· Must have at least 5 years’ experience in childhood education as a lead teacher, assistant director or director.
· At least 2 years of experience working in a supervisory position in an early childhood education setting, with a minimum 15 credits in ECE.
· Effective verbal and written communications skills, strong technology skills.
· Pediatric First Aid/CPR (may be obtained after employment).
· Ability to work well with others (staff, parents and children) and to foster a good and wholesome team environment.
· A strong understanding of child development.
· Familiar with finance and budgeting procedures.
· A heart for the Lord with excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
· Understands and exhibits the Fruit of the Spirit daily (Galatians 5:22-23).
· Safely lift a child with total weight of 40-50 pounds.
· Conduct activities involving substantial standing, walking and moderate sitting, stooping, knelling, bending, crawling, and reaching on a frequent basis.
· Must be able stoop, bend and kneel on the floor without assistance.
· Must be able walk and lead field trips within the community riding on a bus.
· Must be able to push and pull strollers, playground and office equipment.
· Participate in routine conversations in person or via telephone and distinguish telephone, alarms and other auditory tones.