The Preschool Director serves as a member of the Discipleship Team and reports to the Discipleship Pastor. This position is a full-time director position which includes responsibility for recruiting, planning, and leading in our preschool ministry.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide leadership, vision, and passion that will develop our preschool team spiritually, emotionally and socially.
2. Oversee planning, preparing, and execution of Life Groups on Sunday, Wednesday night activities and other preschool ministry events.
3. Meet weekly with the Discipleship team to ensure alignment, unity and an overall discipleship plan is in place with the preschool ministry as an integral part.
4. Enlist and equip volunteers to serve with excellence in preschool.
5. Build strong relationships with parents of members and prospects.
6. Prepare, present and administer an annual budget for the preschool ministry in accordance with the financial policies of the WBC.
7. Engage in the body of the church as an active member by joining a Life Group and seek to make connections beyond the preschool ministry.
8. Embrace the total ministry of WBC and its mission and core values.
9. Display strong work ethic and serve as a team player with a humble heart.
10. Perform other director duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
1. Proficiency and experience in leading a preschool ministry. Should possess a working knowledge and understanding of how preschool fits into the overarching plan of the church.
2. Should have a general working knowledge of safety and security protocols and procedures in order to continue keeping our children protected from harm or malice.
3. 3-5 years of preschool ministry experience preferred.
Spiritual Knowledge and Qualifications:
1. Acknowledge Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior.
2. Depend fully on His wisdom, guidance and strength for daily activities.
3. Realize that performance, dedication and attitude are under the scrutiny of both mature and weak Christians, as well as, unbelievers. Must ensure that actions reflect honorably on Christ and the Church.
4. Continue to grow and mature in Christ as a godly person of integrity.
5. Demonstrate leadership in discipling those in your sphere of influence.
6. Must be capable of abiding by Church policies and procedures.
7. Must have the interpersonal skills necessary to effectively deal with a diverse group of members, employees and visitors.
8. Must be a self-starter and be able to perform responsibilities without close supervision.
9. Must have an attentiveness to details.
10. Must have professional maturity and exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
11. Must be able to deal effectively with confidential information of a written or spoken nature.
12. Must be able to submit to spiritual authority.
13. In full agreement with WBC statement of faith and belief, the Baptist Faith and Message 2000 (sbc.net/bfm2000/bfm2000.asp)
The position description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential to the job.