First Baptist Dothan
The primary function of this position is to provide support to the Preschool/Children’s Minister and those in Ministry at First Baptist Church of Dothan.
Will oversee and maintain scheduling volunteers and staffing of preschool rooms for Sunday services, Wednesday services and any special events.
The Preschool Coordinator will report to the Preschool/Children’s Minister.
1. Will schedule all volunteers for worship care and special events for babies through kindergarten. Will be required to serve in a classroom as needed.
2. Will organize and maintain all resource rooms inventory and will give the children’s minister a list of items we need to order.
3. Will prepare classrooms for worship care through stocking with supplies, preparing curriculum folders, and making necessary copies for activities.
4. Will oversee the check-in and check-out process for the preschool department.
5. Will communicate with families as needed for birthdays, birth of baby and preschool events.
6. Will assist with other necessary ministry needs as they arise.
1. Must be detail oriented, have the ability to multi-task and remain professional at all times.
2. Must possess exceptional communication skills.
3. Must be able to learn and maintain accurate data reporting with the church management software.
4. Must have basic understanding of office equipment and clerical procedures such as filing and recordkeeping.
5. Must have the ability to work independently and reliably.
6. Must be flexible and adaptable in various situations and when interacting with many different personalities.
7. Must have the ability to work with distractions, to organize, and to prioritize tasks.
8. Must have the knowledge of or familiarity with the roles and function of the church environment as opposed to the corporate environment.
Education and Experience:
1. Must be a high school graduate.
1. Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
2. Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.