This position includes two areas of ministry: giving direction to our Next Generation Ministries and managing our communication channels and office administrative tasks.
Under the direction and oversight of the elders, the Pastoral Assistant will help manage and coordinate all aspects of ministry that pertain to children and students at PBC, from newborns through high school. The position includes a variety of teaching and administrative responsibilities and other duties as assigned by the elders.
The Pastoral Assistant will also manage a variety of administrative tasks for the pastoral staff including the church’s communication channels, facility needs, church calendar, volunteer scheduling, preparing print materials, and other duties as assigned. This position could be beneficial to someone preparing for vocational ministry as it provides the valuable experience of observing the internal workings of a local church. The tasks listed below do not constitute an exhaustive list of responsibilities but are meant to give a broad overview of the position.
The majority of the position will be focused on Next Generation Ministries while office administration will be a smaller part of the job.
- Teaching children’s or student’s classes on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings.
- Recruiting and managing volunteers, assisting in the selection of curriculum, supplying teachers with needed resources, managing the promotion of students and the division of classes from year to year.
- Manage church phones, emails, social media accounts, website, and print communication
- Office Operations
- Process mail, manage church membership database, office supplies, church calendar, print materials for classes, and volunteer schedules
- Campus Management
- Room set-up, order janitorial supplies, special event preparation
- Other Duties
- Planning special events for the children and students, working with the Training Pastor, Lead Pastor, and other elders to support the vision/mission/goal of Philadelphia.
The Pastoral Assistant must
- be a follower of Jesus Christ
- be willing to become a member of PBC
- support the mission and ministry priorities of PBC
- affirm the doctrinal statement of PBC
- have experience using social media platforms
- be reliable, trustworthy, discreet, respectful, mature, considerate
- have excellent administrative and communication skills
The preferred candidate will
- have experience working with children and students
- have or be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate theological degree
- have experience using Planning Center and Squarespace
- be preparing for vocational or bi-vocational ministry
- plan on serving in this role for at least two years
The position will report to the elders of PBC, supervised directly by the Lead Pastor and the Training Pastor.
Compensation & Employment Status
The position is a part-time exempt position requiring 30 hours per week and paying a salary of $30,000 per year, distributed twice monthly. The position is entitled to the vacation and benefits outlined in the PBC Personnel Policy Manual as pertains to part-time employees. Insurance is not provided. Hours may be worked on a flexible schedule coordinated with and approved by the Lead Pastor.
PBC is several years into a season of revitalization which was preceded by a twenty-year decline. The Lord has been very kind to us and seen fit to restore us to a greater degree of health than we have previously known. We have intentionally chosen a staff structure that depends largely on bi-vocational pastoral staff. All four of our elders are seminary graduates, one with a PhD in New Testament from Southern Seminary. Three of the elders serve bi-vocationally and one serves full-time. Our church has a variety of ages represented, from the fifty and older crowd to many young families with small children. We have approximately 100 adult members and around 50 children who attend regularly. Currently, most of the children are 12 years-old or younger.
To apply, please email your resume and any other relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org.