*Harmony Baptist Church*
*Pastor of Youth/Associate Pastor*
HBC is seeking an energetic and inspired leader to serve as Youth Pastor/Associate Pastor. The Youth Pastor/Director will create a spiritual learning environment with an innovative vision and contagious excitement for Christ to help nurture and empower the youngest congregants to explore their faith, while also equipping parents to be the spiritual leaders of their home. The successful candidate will have a passion for youth of all ages, demonstrated impact and natural ability to prepare them to grow into servant leaders who honor God, love others, and walk in truth. This is a full-time position reporting directly to the Senior Pastor with the joint responsibility of advancing the children and youth ministries, while also carrying out the larger mission and vision of Harmony Baptist Church.
*Key Position Responsibilities *
- Provides spiritual and visionary leadership to develop, coordinate, and empower laity in all areas of ministry.
- Plans activities,
- coordinates, promotes, and implements the vision for HBC.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive plan for the recruitment, mobilization, and utilization of servant workers for the ministry.
- Attends all worship services and corporate prayer and bible studies in preparation for Sunday and Youth Worship Services at HBC.
- Provides spiritual Counseling services to youth during the work week.
- Assists the ministerial staff in providing pastoral care to children and youth members.
- Makes weekly visits to youth sick and shut in.
- Is very visible and present in the local schools and the activity of the schools.
*Other Position Requirements*
- Meets with the ministerial staff, Christian Education, and servant workers to coordinate Bible study classes including the need to often teach Bible study and or be physically present.
- Attends staff meetings, District meetings, and other conferences as assigned by the Sr. Pastor.
- Works with the church staff and exemplifies team spirit in daily work activities.
- Must maintain standing office hours.
- Plans, schedules, and attends Youth Mission Trips that are coordinated well in advance and sanctioned by the Sr. Pastor.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Sr. Pastor.
*Specific Skill and Competency Requirements*
- Communication/interpersonal skills
- Has ability to build and maintain effective and trusting relationships.
- Has ability to collaborate with other ministry and church staff on church projects, events, and initiatives.
- Is accessible to youth, parents, HBC staff and servant workers.
- Must have the ability to deal maturely and calmly with the public including all conversations in a clear and pleasant manner.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions with little supervision.
- Personal self- management skills
- Maintains strong spiritual and moral character.
- Demonstrates effective Time Management; Punctuality is an absolute requirement.