Evergreen Baptist in Vance Alabama (Tuscaloosa Co) is searching for a Pastor of Students and Family Ministry who has been called by God to grow the Kingdom of Heaven. The primary function of the Student Pastor is to help disciple the youth and college students of the congregation toward spiritual maturity in Christ by teaching the Bible, developing ministry programs that help cultivate spiritual growth, equipping parents to disciple their children, and modeling Christian character and conduct.
The right Student Pastor will:
– Have a servant’s heart and attitude
– Buy into the vision and direction of Evergreen Baptist Church
– Be willing to seek, study and implement modern methods and new ideas as it pertains to the educational needs of the church
– Most importantly the right Student Pastor will have a personal desire to grow the Kingdom of God!
The Student Pastor will lead the youth and college ministry programs of the church by fulfilling the following responsibilities:
• Provide guidance and counseling to students and/or parents as needed, to help promote the overall success of the whole family.
• Must utilize open communication and organizational skills to plan, organize and implement a sustainable student ministry with focus on the educational and
spiritual formation of youth (grades 6-12) and college students.
• Provide oversight of and leadership for all areas of student activities, including Sunday school, Sunday and Wednesday night sessions, special gatherings, and
• Integrate student activities into the larger life of the church in such a way as to foster intergenerational relationships and to provide support to other church
• Serve as a liaison between Church and the schools attended by students. Promote regular support of and personal interaction with students at various school
• Manage the student budgets in collaboration with the Youth Committee and the Budget Committee, including directing activities to raise funds for mission trips
• Communicate with the church staff, associate and senior pastors, in such a way as to enable the staff to be informed and enthusiastically supportive of the
priorities and programs of the student ministry.
• Seek out those students in the church who are not presently active in the student program to encourage their participation in it.
• Fulfill corporate preaching responsibilities as needed
The Student Pastor should hold a degree, or its equivalent, from an accredited seminary; or should be in process of attaining said degree.
Email resumes to email@example.com