Hollinger’s Island Baptist Church (Mobile, Alabama) is seeking to fill the position of Part Time Youth Pastor. Though a small church, we have a big goal of making sure that all who we come in contact with experience the truth of the Gospel in our worship service, through singing, prayer, reading of Scripture, and faithful preaching.
Potential candidates should have a fervent love for the Lord, a desire to help lead the youth in our community toward a relationship with Him, and the passion to help them sustain that relationship.
· Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ that is evident and expressed through the fruit of the Spirit.
· Willingness to be invested in the mission of the church outside of the listed duties.
· Prior experience leading and teaching youth (preferred, not required).
· Love and encourage middle and high school students.
· Facilitate spiritual growth in students.
· Lead a Bible study on Wednesday nights.
· Teach the youth Sunday School class on Sunday mornings.
· Organize and plan occasional youth outings and functions.
· Provide leadership and direction for youth volunteers.
· Work with Senior Pastor and Children’s Minister to coordinate van ministry pickup/drop-off.
· Work with church staff on any other issues.
Any interested candidates should submit résumé and cover letter to:
Connor Donavan (Senior Pastor)