JOB TITLE: Office Manager
COMPANY: WMU Foundation
STATUS: Full-Time Equivalent (37.5 Hour Work Week)
To provide leadership and general administrative support to all office functions and personnel; to serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external customers; and to oversee the grant/scholarship application process.
• Manages the general workflow of the office.
• Provides supervision and direction to the Office Assistant and Foundation Volunteers.
• Ensures a smooth operation within the office. Evaluates office procedures and expenses to recommend enhancements for organizations results and profitability.
• Provides administrative support for the WMU Foundation (WMUF) president. Manages and maintains the calendar of events, appointments, and travel. Coordinates
and records staff meeting minutes.
• Serves as the liaison to the WMUF Board of Trustees. Communicates with and provides administrative support for committee members. Manages and organizes
Board meetings, conference calls, travel arrangements (i.e., travel reimbursements, hotel arrangements, and meals), coordinate room set-up, meeting
agendas/materials, and meeting minutes.
• Creates and maintains all files (office and vault) related to gift annuities, trusts, endowment agreements, scholarships, and investment management client
• Assists the Coordinator of Constituent Relations as needed with gift entry into an electronic database.
• Posts and maintains records of allocations and distributions to/from funds/endowments as specified.
• Administers the grant and scholarship application process for consideration by the WMUF and WMU. Ensure all aspects of the process are completed including:
meeting agendas, recommendations, and meeting minutes. Corresponds with all applicants regarding award decisions. Processes and distributes funds awarded to
grant and scholarship recipients.
• Oversees the recruitment and work schedules of volunteers who serve the WMU Foundation (and WMU as requested) through the WMU Foundation Volunteer
• Bachelor’s degree with one to three years of proven high level administrative and organizational skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Interpersonal skills, critical thinking, reviewing, and analyzing data.
• Member of the Christian faith and knowledgeable of WMU Foundation/WMU, preferred.
• Computer proficiency using database software, preferably DonorPerfect, and Microsoft Office applications.
If you are interested in this position, submit your resume to Human Resources:
• Email: email@example.com
• Fax: (888) 968-6383
• US mail: 100 Missionary Ridge, Birmingham, AL 35242
Resumes are kept in our applicant database for 12 months.