JOB TITLE: Office Assistant
COMPANY: WMU Foundation
STATUS: Part-Time Equivalent (24 Hour Work Week)
To assist and support all activities related to the administration of the WMU Foundation office, and to coordinate special projects as assigned.
• Serves as the initial point of contact for visitors to the office and phone calls to the main Foundation number. Forwards phone calls and voice mail/messages to the
appropriate staff person.
• Provides basic administrative support and services (i.e., faxing, copying, maintaining files, preparing conference materials, sorting and sending mail) for WMU
Foundation staff. Serves as back-up for the office manager and donor administrator.
• Compiles and provides a detailed list of gifts received to the Coordinator of Constituent Relations on a regular basis.
• Assists with the mailing of charitable gift receipts and direct mail solicitations.
• Assists with the scholarship application process by collecting and verifying completed applications and contacting applicants as needed.
• Maintains the inventory of all office, fundraising, and marketing supplies and printed materials. Coordinates the ordering of supplies and materials with the Office Manager.
• Gathers the appropriate materials for staff participating in conferences and events.
• Assists with fulfilling materials requests from State WMU Offices for conferences and events.
• Participates in the planning and implementation of special events, projects, and Board of Trustee meetings.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or communications, preferred.
• One to three years clerical or business work experience.
• Member of the Christian faith and knowledgeable of WMUF/WMU, preferred.
• Proficient Microsoft Office computer skills and experience working with electronic donor tracking systems/databases.
• Good communication, organizational, and multi-tasking skills.
If you are interested in this position, submit your resume to Human Resources:
• Email: email@example.com
• Fax: (888) 968-6383
• US mail: 100 Missionary Ridge, Birmingham, AL 35242
Resumes are kept in our applicant database for 12 months.