Reporting directly to the Senior Pastor, the Minister of Student Ministry will play a key role as a member of the church staff helping to contribute to continued growth of the church family identifying specific youth opportunities for sharing the love and discipleship of Jesus Christ. He will frequently be required to demonstrate his leadership in decision making, organizing projects, recruiting servants, and effectually influencing, leading, loving and discipling WFBC young people to be personally devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
The Minister of Student Ministries will lead and direct the discipleship for all youth sixth (6th) through twelfth (12th) grades, and is responsible for the support and oversight of the ministries involving all students, K-5 thru college.
- Develop, plan and coordinate WFBC Student Ministries.
- Oversee the administration of all Student Ministry events.
- Recruit and equip lay leadership, from WFBC membership to assist in coordinating Bible studies, discipleship, spiritual growth, outreach and other Student Ministry events.
- Provide training for children and youth workers as needed.
- Plan one major training and inspirational workshop for each ministry, annually.
- Lead Wednesday night Youth, studies, activities.
- Engage and involve parents in routine discussions regarding the growth and progress in the discipleshipof their children.
- Encourage the reinforcement at home of the materials used emphasized during their time involved in student ministry discipleship.
- Meet monthly with children and youth ministry leaders to discuss upcoming events, challenges, solutions, praises — and to pray.
- Oversee the youth discipleship curriculum in coordination with the church leader of Discipleship.
- Initiate the development and implementation of a quarterly youth led worship service in cooperation with the Senior Pastor.
- Coordinate and/or lead off campus events, such as retreats, DNOW weekends, summer camp, concerts, etc. to enhance spiritual formation and growth.
- Maintain regular youth fellowship events to promote unity and team building among the student, to include service projects.
- Plan and implement an effective ongoing Outreach program.
- Evaluate existing programs to determine effectiveness. Modify as required or recommend discontinuing and replacement with a more effective alternative.
- Identify and provide ministry opportunities for children and teens.
- Provide counseling and spiritual direction to children and young adults on an individual basis.
- Participate in outreach ministry to children and youth who have visited the church (visits/letters).
- Visit children and youth who are hospitalized, and counsel troubled teens or who are experiencing social difficulties in growing up.
- Provide active and constructive input to the Senior Pastor, the pastoral staff and youth leaders as needed.
- College degree required; Seminary training, Master’s degree preferred.
- Born Again believer passionate about Jesus Christ.
- Believer in the Bible as the inerrant Word of God.
- Stable, Maturing Christian.
- Spiritual gifts that lend to this position: Administration, Pastoring/Shepherding, Exhortation, Preaching.
- Special talents or abilities required: Must have a heart and passion for children and young adult ministries, an understanding of their special needs, and work to include these valuable group of people in the ministry of the church.
- Education and experience in theology and counseling. Must be a good role model and have no criminal record of child abuse.
- Desired personality characteristics for position: Passionate and humble servant of Jesus Christ, Personal integrity, Expresser-Leader, Compassionate, Dependable, Reliable, Organized, Prepared, Team player, and Results-oriented.
- Committed to Excellence, not just meeting the standard expectations. Meets or exceeds commitments. Draws, involves and assimilates others and is able to control/manage/motivate groups and individuals.
- Passion: For ministering to and with children, teens and young adults. Assist parents of teens on how to bridge the relationship gap.
- Additionally, he will possess a demonstrated ability to periodically preach to the entire church family, as required.
- Utilizes a Biblical approach when /if conflict is encountered with staff, youth, volunteers.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to the search team at email@example.com.