To live a Christ-like, Christ honoring, exemplary life that reflects a daily walk with Him and the work of the Lord in your daily life. To be actively involved in the life and ministry of First Baptist Church. To refrain from anything which is contrary to the teachings of Scripture, or inconsistent with First Baptist Church practices and principles.
The Administrative Assistant to the Minister of Worship must have some formal or on-the-job training in secretarial/clerical work and administrative assistant training. She/he should be able to read and understand music. She/he should be willing to be trained in the use of all office equipment and computers, and software necessary to fulfill this position.
The Administrative Assistant to the Minister of Worship should have administrative assistant experience and proven office skills. She/he should have some experience in music, either through choral, instrumental program or piano/organ/keyboard training. Basic familiarity with church database programs, (Shelby, ACS or other similar programs), Publisher, PowerPoint, Pro-Presenter, Song Show, Planning Center Online or other media presentation programs is highly recommended.
• Give full support to the total ministry to First Baptist Church and demonstrate both publicly and privately an affirmation of that support for all of the ministries and leadership of the church.
• Be a team player, following the leadership of the Pastor and Minister of Music.
• Be a servant leader to the church and promote unity in the church body.
• Give adequate energy and expertise to the specific ministry tasks assigned and spend no fewer than 40 hours per week accomplishing these tasks of your calling and this assignment to the best of your ability.
• Assist the Minister of Music in developing, recommending, implementing and responsibly monitor and manage budget expenditures for assigned areas of responsibility.
The Administrative Assistant to the Minister of Worship will perform the duties of an administrative assistant that include administrative, clerical, and other duties specific to the worship ministry under the supervision of the Office Coordinator and the Minister of Worship.